Skip to content

Garbled Deva/Planetar/Solar creature animations

The creature animations used for Devas, Solars and Planetars appear to contain garbled frames, as you can see in the screenshot.

Using NearInfinity I was able to find at least three files, MSOLG15.BAM, MSOLG24.BAM and MSOLG2S1.BAM, that contain garbled animation data.

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    I can confirm that this happens with me as well.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    When I first saw this I thought that it was about their crappy script, I have not used this type of spell in BG2:EE, they are so silly :/ with their scripts, but anyway I saw this while fooling with CRTL+7.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Looks like it is being worked on...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I saw this. I didn't really care though. It only shows up every now and then, and it's very minor. I'm on iPad.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Issue 5141 mentions this for deva's, have added planetar and solar.
    Thanks
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    It looks like Fallen Deva/Solar/Planetar creature animations also contain garbled frames. I could find some in the files MASLG2S1.BAM and MASLG15.BAM. (No screenshots, sorry.)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @argent77‌ here I have a screenshot :) I'd check for their blade animations also, because I don't think that it's only the Deva's animation itself.image
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    @CrevsDaak Not bad! I think there is only a single frame (out of over 800) which is garbled. And yes, it's the melee weapon animation for the creature (MASLG2S1.BAM).

The other file (MASLG15.BAM) is probably used for stunned/unconscious animations (or some such) which is rarely seen in-game.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Nice bit of work there guys.
    Thanks