Quartz' Custom Sound Sets

QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
edited May 2014 in Fan Creations
-------
Heroguy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYsv9XdnuJ4
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pald63jrtyy41c/heroguy.zip
-------

Since a pretty young age I have been recording custom sound sets for Infinity Engine games. They were pretty bad. One that I made around the age of 14 amused me even years later however, so I redid it with a non-prepubescent voice. Here it is. This is my first time actually publicizing one of my many goofy soundsets. I want to see what people think, and hopefully provide some enjoyment and amusement for people to add to their games.

Words don't express how nervous I am, but nonetheless constructive criticism is welcome, especially as this is a first for me. Specifics are particularly helpful so that I may improve my skills (or lack thereof?).

This first sound set is indeed a goofy one. It is good for a low mental stat, mostly good-aligned?, obnoxious character. A self-obsessed, self-proclaimed "hero," heroguy would love to join your party so that you may bask in his awesome glory. Never turning down danger however, he would also very much enjoy crawling through the nearest dungeon in the hopes of finding and slaying a dragon; for the sport, and maybe for the loot as well. Additionally, placing Lilarcor in heroguy's hands may be found to be very fitting.

Formatted for Baldur's Gate 1, Baldur's Gate II, and Icewind Dale. ((I haven't been able to get a voice set to work for IWD in years, and I have no idea what I started doing differently. The sounds are all there and you are welcome to try to get them to work should you wish.)) I have no clue how to format for Enhanced Editions as of yet, because isn't it glitchy and crap and requires going a whole extra mile? Bleh.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pald63jrtyy41c/heroguy.zip
Post edited by Quartz on

Comments

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    I've imagined myself doing voice-overs for things like these, though I've never actually tried. Might I ask what program(s) you used to record?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Quartz you can use the attach a file option the forums have XD you can even do so when you edit the discussion.
    Don't care about overloading with unneeded information, our martian members (for example mlnevese) are taking care of that.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Nonnahswriter Audacity is excellent. Simple, free, intuitive. Great for basic stuff like this.

@CrevsDaak Yeah, I tried using the forum file option and it didn't end up uploading. Now I'm trying this website filedropper.com and it's stopped twice, once at 37% and another time at 23%... lol

I may try the forum option again.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Um, so how large is this package exactly? Sendspace? Dropbox?
    24.7 MB. And any time I try to upload it to anything, it stops at some percentage. Honestly it's probably my internet hiccuping and thus ruining it. I really don't know how to solve this issue. Sorry guys.
    Quartz said:

I have no clue how to format for Enhanced Editions as of yet, because isn't it glitchy and crap and requires going a whole extra mile? Bleh.

Actually BG2/BG1's sound-sets do work on BG(2):EE, but not vice-versa (EE's voices on BG2).
    Bada boom, hopefully this works. @winters thanks so much for pointing me to Dropbox, I foresee it being useful for a wide variety of things for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pald63jrtyy41c/heroguy.zip
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    I'm glad I could help BUT I did it in my own interest too (that makes me NE I guess?) I'm more than slightly obsessed with character voices, soooo, thank you for your input :]
    I feel like doing another voice set. A voice set that's serious instead of ridiculous like this one.

I may write myself up a script some time, but if anyone wants to submit me one, I'm game ;)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Could, if you have time, post a YouTube video instead of a download? I'm pretty much restricted to iPad, and my computer has ~4 gigs of space left on the hard drive, so Im Trying not to download anything.
    @meagloth I despise YouTube ever since Google bought it, but yes, I can do that.
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Quartz said:

@meagloth I despise YouTube ever since Google bought it, but yes, I can do that.

Soundcloud is free and you get 160mins where you can upload anything,and share almost everywhere.

@Dungeonnoob I know I'm going to sound like a real juicebag now ... But I also despise Soundcloud. I've had some bad experiences there. Not allowed to do vocal covers and the like; lots of copyright. If I introduced the soundset and commented that it was "for Baldur's Gate™" they would probably take it down, for all I know.

I appreciate it regardless though, thank you.

(It's uploading to YouTube, I'll post the link in a little bit.)
    What wrong wit YouTube? I don't really top remember a pre-google YouTube, I'm afriad, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing?
    *Jumps up and down angry*Btw,i liked the voice sets,well done;)
    meagloth said:

Could, if you have time, post a YouTube video instead of a download? I'm pretty much restricted to iPad, and my computer has ~4 gigs of space left on the hard drive, so Im Trying not to download anything.

I had 7GB free... Downloaded Xcode (apple's program to code C/C++, etc) now I have 4 GB free :P
    Hahahahahahahaaaaaa! That's awesome, quartz. It's completely hilarious. Sound like Tiax and the how to train your dragon kid mixed together.
    edited May 2014
    I might re-write some lines of script I wrote some time ago, they are for an elven bounty hunter I want to add in a mod, maybe you want to do a full sound-set, I only need 3 full lines and 2 selection IIRC I should check again and spend some time on them.

Also; stop using iMovie, man!! :P
    CrevsDaak said:

I might re-write some lines of script I wrote some time ago, they are for an elven bounty hunter I want to add in a mod, maybe you want to do a full sound-set, I only need 3 full lines and 2 selection IIRC I should check again and spend some time on them.

Also; stop using iMovie, man!! :P

@CrevsDaak I'd be down!

What am I supposed to use? Something that costs money?! xD
    Haha, I was joking, I also use iMovie for the (very) few videos I make.
    CrevsDaak said:

Haha, I was joking, I also use iMovie for the (very) few videos I make.

I used iMovie for a school project recently, but it was on my iPad (we had deleted it from the Mac, 4g of space left, remember? And it's too old to run it anyway) and because I'm me, I had stated the project the day before it was due.(well, I had half a script already, but still) so me and my friend did all the filming that day, and I had that night to cut, edit, VoiceOver, and add any extra crap to it. And it was finals week. And about halfway through iMovie went on vacation.

We didn't go first like I had planned.

Eventually iMovie came back, and we were able to present on the second day, though the last 10 seconds didn't playO_o really it wasn't so bad for the efforts we didn't put into it.

I got one of those Handy recorders H4n,there are cheaper model´s but you can tape anything (even stuff that cost money,but i didn't say that;P) and transform wave files to mp3 in a blink.Only wish i used it more.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Bro, these are awesome. My gnome fighter/illusionist is gonna rock faces
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @meagloth‌ totally workable imo. I especially like how he refers to "CHARNAME" lol

@meagloth‌ totally workable imo. I especially like how he refers to "CHARNAME" lol

Once I started writing, I realized how many famous quotes and bad joke are sitting right there, I. Pretty sure I went overbored. I've got Romeo and Juliet, two game-references, planet of the apes, and a lot of original bad stuff :P