Skip to content

Easter is coming! Why don't we celebrate by sharing Easter Eggs. Maybe we've missed a few?

Comments

• jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    meagloth said:

ajwz said:

so that whole Wellyn turning into a Revenant thing is new to me.
    My first thought was "how much xp is he worth and does he drop any loot?"

...and they say that gaming can turn you into a sociopath. pah.

I'd never even heard of a revenant.
    It's a vengeful spirit. Usually arising from the grave to take revenge for something. They are not inherently evil iirc since they are just into revenge against an offender.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    jacobtan said:

meagloth said:

ajwz said:

It's a vengeful spirit. Usually arising from the grave to take revenge for something. They are not inherently evil iirc since they are just into revenge against an offender.
    Makes sense. Do they show up anywhere else in the game?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @meagloth There is one in BG1 in the same wilderness area as the 'amazons'.
    I can't remember, but it shouldn't be too common. Revenants typically arise due to great wrongs done to a person, and they don't create subservient monsters like specters and vampires, so they should be rare.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    jacobtan said:

I can't remember, but it shouldn't be too common. Revenants typically arise due to great wrongs done to a person, and they don't create subservient monsters like specters and vampires, so they should be rare.

Yeah, in BG1 the man has been killed by the Dagger of the Golem+2 and wants is back.
    If you give it to him you get 900 XP, but if you keep it you get 2k XP (if you kill the Revenant) and a Dagger +2.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hmm. In my ongoing wild mage playthrough I had an encounter in BG2 I had never seen before. I would like to know if anyone knows anything about it...

I had just finished killing Bodhi for good and I traveled somewhere and I was 'waylaid by enemies'. I think they said something about being merchants or something and then they transformed into my party and attacked. It was really weird.
    Tresset said:

Hmm. In my ongoing wild mage playthrough I had an encounter in BG2 I had never seen before. I would like to know if anyone knows anything about it...

I had just finished killing Bodhi for good and I traveled somewhere and I was 'waylaid by enemies'. I think they said something about being merchants or something and then they transformed into my party and attacked. It was really weird.

Yeah, it happened to me in my two runs I have used a party. In my other runs I selected a different dialog options and they let me go away without a fight.
    CrevsDaak said:

jacobtan said:

Yeah, in BG1 the man has been killed by the Dagger of the Golem+2 and wants is back.
    If you give it to him you get 900 XP, but if you keep it you get 2k XP (if you kill the Revenant) and a Dagger +2.
    Oh, that one. Iirc typical revenants are worth 3000XP apiece. Also, revenants pursue those who wronged them very aggressively, since they have only a few months to do so before their corpses fall apart and they are released from the mortal realm. So I guess I never thought of that one as a "real" revenant.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited April 2014
    jackjack said:

As for an Easter egg, the last one I noticed was when Charname tells Dorn "I am the danger."
    I loved Breaking Bad, so that one tickled my funnybone.

I'm not a big fan of BG2 Dorn (LOVED him in BG1) but now I kinda wanna finish the game I have with him as my druid's love interest just to eventually see that line. Its not early in his story is it? Hate to have missed such a baller reference.
    edited April 2014

jacobtan said:

meagloth said:

ajwz said:

Yeahhhhh.... F that, too creepy.

From now the term Revenant will forevermore be used to describe lovers of cuddly toy bears

Here's a kinda-Easter Egg:

If you visit the elderly mage and book connoisseur Firebead Elvenhair's home in Beregost and go to the second floor, you will find an attractive young elven lady sleeping in his bed.

You old dog you!
    I'm glad that it's a woman and not a humanoid-looking balloon or a mannequin ;)
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    first time you run into brennan riesling is in the docks district in baldur's gate, just outside the ogre mage house. he's the guy that tells you about alternate dimensions and a new world or something.
    second time he tries to kill you- he's the thief in the den of the seven vales
    you also meet one of the vampires in bodhi's lair in bg1, i think it's hareishan. just can't remember where.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    edited April 2014
    simples said:

you also meet one of the vampires in bodhi's lair in bg1, i think it's hareishan. just can't remember where.

Meeting Hareishan for the second time actually creeped me out a bit.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2014
    simples said:

There's a mage named Hareishan on level 2 of the Cloakwood mines.

Edit: Seems I got Ninja'd by @winters. :)
    oh that's right, thanks!
    edited April 2014
    there are a couple more i spotted on my last playthrough, can't quite remember who though..

edit- obviously shank and carbos fighting over a floozy named bubbles in the bridge district, but apart from that...

edit 2- while searching on the bg wiki i found this: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Ioin_Gallchobhair .. apparently attacks you around nashkel somewhere. if i remember correctly, one of the guys in the party in the athkatla sewers has the same name

edit 3- prism (the artist who is working on the statue of (waait for it) queen ellesime outside the nashkel mines) was originally hired to sculpt for the temple of helm in the ore quest in bg2.

also, remember phaere from the underdark? that name sounded so familiar the first time i heard it. anyone know if she appears in bg1?

edit 4- pretty sure you meet someone named "windspear" in the cloakwood mines too. or maybe it's the guy that warns you about the ogres in the area under the FAI? i'm on a roll! loving this thread!
    just met sendai in the waterfall area south of nashkel!
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Centeol, the spider lady, is in love with a guy named Jon Icarus, but I think this actually got switched to Jon Irenicus.

According to something of Centeol's Jon Irenicus was married to Tanova.

There's a guy on the way to Nashkel that makes a reference to Neverwinter.
  • dustbubsydustbubsy Member Posts: 249
    simples said:

edit 2- while searching on the bg wiki i found this: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Ioin_Gallchobhair .. apparently attacks you around nashkel somewhere. if i remember correctly, one of the guys in the party in the athkatla sewers has the same name

edit 4- pretty sure you meet someone named "windspear" in the cloakwood mines too. or maybe it's the guy that warns you about the ogres in the area under the FAI? i'm on a roll! loving this thread!

Ioin Gallchobhair also has a grave in Nashkel. If I had to guess I'd say the name came from one of the developers' pnp chars..

Galeo (sp?) Windspear is in one of the Beregost taverns, and gives you some info.

Plus, there's Sendai of Amn in an area S of Nashkel, and Sendai the Bhaalspawn.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited April 2014
    Best easter egg is that nobody acually search in this forum !!

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4564/easter-eggs-in-baldurs-gate-spoiler/p9

I know it sux the search button.. Perhabs thats an Easter egg !!
    what really? could you post a screenshot?
    i just held my face closer to the screen and i could see it just fine. thanks!
    Dorn's ToB quest spoilers. Watch out.
    are there any consequences to who you inscribe? because afaik it didn't affect my game at all
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Not sure if this is considered an Easter Egg or not, but it isn't something I've seen mentioned before. If you choose Imoen's portrait for your character, she uses an alternate portrait in the game. I didn't test if this was true for other NPCs as well.