Lately, I feel that I've played too many villains, lunatics, or similar ilk. Thus I'm trying to plan something a bit different for my next playthrough: a run-of-the-mill Commoner! Needless to say he or she would stay that way throughout the whole Baldur's Gate trilogy.
Things I've thought up at this point:
- Only a single "main" weapon with max. 1 proficiency point to it. That main weapon's category will probably be either Club, Sling, or Quarterstaff (the non-magical kind), since those were freely available to farmers and other simple folks.
- Stats scores must vary in between 7 and 9 in all attributes.
- Reputation mustn't fall lower than 8 or raise higher than 12.
- Mustn't equip armors heavier than leather.
- Mustn't equip helms, shields, or off-hand weapons of any kind.
- No stat increases of any kind allowed. Be it from permanent stat boosts, spells, or equipment.
Haven't decided on gender, class, or race choice yet. Suggestions of any kind are of course welcome!
Anyway, what's your take on such a playthrough? And how would you roleplay a Bhaalspawn Commoner?