Skip to content

What if Boo actually was a giant space hamster? :)

mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
Just imagine the scene... most of your party dead or unconscious when suddenly the small rodent jumps from Minsc's pocket a fiery determination in its small eyes. The last thing you see before losing consciousness is the little furry avenger starting to grow.

You wake up to see your enemies slaughtered and some fur around the battleground.

Too many blows to the head or was it real?

Comments

• KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Behind blood shut eyes you notice huge hindenburg-blimp alike aircraft burning on the ground...
    - what da hell?!...
    .....and in the same time you realize that it is not an aircra......Boo, that must have been you!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    As Tanthalas pointed out, are you implying that Boo is NOT a giant space hamster?
  • SmodLvrSmodLvr Member Posts: 21
    He is a space hamster. After his adventures in the Forgotten Realms he ended up on Commander Shepard's space ship Normandy. It's true.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012
    Of course he is a giant space hamster. Minsc said so and I saw them in Spelljammer all the time, but what about the unbelievers? What would help to them when they discovered the *TRUTH*?
  • Bobby_SingerBobby_Singer Member Posts: 65
    I have a guinea pig named Boo. Sadly she is a giant miniature one. She was outcast by her people for crushing them under her mighty feet. Unfortunately, she still only weighs about a pound. So sad...
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    You would`nt imply that Minsc is a liar would`you? He`s huge. He even says so himself.
    There simply is no chance a regular hamster body could contain such extra-dimensional amounts of awesome.
    There are many unbelievers out there...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I'd just like to point out the giant space hamsters existed in the d&d universe well before minsc and boo were created.
    That's true. They were on Spelljammer.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Ajwz @minevese That's true, they are both pets *and* power for the gnomes. Right, Boo? K-squee!
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    He is not your garden variety giant space hamster. As @Tanthalas correctly pointed out, he is a MINIATURE giant space hamster. The rarest breed of them all.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    In bg2 there was a spelljammer quest, and i had always wished that you could actually fight giant space hamsters at some point and get a humorous banter from minsc and boo.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    In actual fact this would mean that minsc is probably the most intelligent party member lol Hes the only one who knows the truth about boo!!!
    Wait was there any doubt at all that Minsc is the true genius and mastermind of the party? I don~t even know what to say to that...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I do not understand this question. I believe what the discussion creator meant to ask is: What if Boo really isn't a giant space hamster?
    Since he is, I do not know how to answer this question...
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    ofc he is,i have him on mass effect!
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    I thought it was confirmed that Boo was a GSH because it is Boo casting the spells, as Minsc does not have the wisdom to do so.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Obviously Boo is a giant space hamster. The real question is where would Minsc have hidden Boo in Irenicus's dungeon if Boo wasn't in miniature form? Would Minsc's hard to reach places still have been up to the task?
    @Permidion_Stark The rectal probe discussion is on the Adventure Y thread :)
  • EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2012
    You can create Boo with his own paperdoll by use of the appropriate LUA statement.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

Obviously Boo is a giant space hamster. The real question is where would Minsc have hidden Boo in Irenicus's dungeon if Boo wasn't in miniature form? Would Minsc's hard to reach places still have been up to the task?

Are you kidding? Boo would have eaten Irenicus, leaving no adventure to go on...
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'm pretty sure Boo is how Minsc gets round his illegal stats for a Ranger problem. Boo feeds him tips.

I think that ingame he does actually pull out the occasional really insightful comment and attribute it to Boo, which is either some sort of blow-to-the-head personality dissociation or an indication that Boo is more than he looks...