Skip to content

Riddles

lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
So, one of the many things due to i really like BG is the great riddles and puzzles. I have spent a lot of time to solve them back, when i didn't have internet connection, just the game discs, and i didn't know what the word metagaming mean. With them the game is much richer and enjoyful. Share your favourits, those that you liked the most, which was the most mind blowing or the most entertaining!

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I can have no color, though there may be darknes within. I have no weight and hold nothing, and if placed in a container it becomes all the lighter. - This is one of my favorites, because it's obvious once you think of it.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    My favorite riddle is the one imp in watchers keep. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was the one about the brothers and sisters.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Pibaro said:

I loved, really loved the coin game in the fifth level of the watcher's keep.

Yeah, that's my favorite too!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I liked Myst and Riven a lot. I forgot when I first beat those games but I know I did it when I was really young.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @iuventas, yeah that's my favourite too. The primal wisdom contained in the answer just fits perfectly in the setting, right before meeting the avatar of one of Faerun's greater deities.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    Tresset said:

I liked Myst and Riven a lot. I forgot when I first beat those games but I know I did it when I was really young.

They actually just came out with an enhanced version of Myst this year. Its called RealMyst: Masterpiece Edition (I think its mostly graphical enhancements).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    I've liked the riddles from Might & Magic X:

Riddle chest: Who has a hat but no head, a foot but no shoe?

Answer: Mushroom (pun intended by the Devs, myconids!)

Riddle chest: History is told, forgotten and can be told again. What is put on parchment never remains unchanged. Always truth can be washed away and rewritten, but the spectre of past words seldom completely fades.

Answer: Palimpsest

Riddle chest: While I don't walk, swim or fly. Before I fade I still wander. I shed tears even if I don't cry, But what am I? That I wonder.

Answer: Cloud

Riddle chest: I am so simple, that I can only point, Yet I guide men all over the world.

Answer: Compass

Riddle chest: I am known both young and old, Some cower from me, others I make bold, but I'm not one you mock or taunt, For your every step I hunt.

Answer: Death

Riddle chest: I have a head, I have a tail. But I haven't got a body. What am I?

Answer: Coin

Riddle chest: Strong or weak, they all soon learn, That I dwell within the hearts of men, In darkness I rule but retreat from light. I don't need hands to grasp your tight

Answer: Fear

Riddle chest: What does man love more than life, Hate more than death or mortal strife; That which contented men desire; The pore have, the rich require; The miser spends, the spendthrift saves, and all men carry to their graves?

Answer: Nothing

Riddle chest: What three letters make a man a boy?

Answer: Age

Riddle chest: What is always too late?

Answer: Regret

Riddle chest: This engulfing thing is strange indeed. The greater it grows, the less you see.

Answer: Darkness

Riddle chest: Completely round is fairly rare. Bright and shiny when I'm there. When I'm not, they call me new. But I'm old. Older than you.

Answer: Moon

Riddle chest: What runs smoother than any rhyme, Loves to fall but cannot climb?

Answer: Water

Riddle chest: What is not enough for one, Just right for two, Too Much for three?

Answer: Secret

Riddle chest: One shadow. No Honour. No Glory. No Mercy. So many Terrors are buried in this Tomb.

Answer: Thousand
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Oh god, I was playing Arcanum a few days ago and I wish I could remember some of the riddles from it! :O Damn it! :P