Skip to content

No more trollops and plug tails, pleeeeease . . .

If there's one thing I'm really not liking about the extended edition, it's the additional dialogue lines some of the old characters speak. I'm particularly irritated by Imoen's lines and Dynaheir's snippiness ("Watch thee where thy place that pointer!") They never said these things on the old CD version and, frankly, I liked it better that way.

Does anyone know of a way to selectively remove these lines so I don't have to hear them anymore?

Comments

• JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    I don't doubt they existed all along and were either deliberately not used or a glitch. In any case, thanks for the help, @Anduin.

Anduinjackjack
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited May 2014
    That Dynaheir line sounds like the kind of tongue-in-cheek line you used to get when you clicked on an NPC a bunch of times in a row. If I'm not mistaken, Overhaul changed it so that these lines have a chance of playing any time you select the character. So it's possible that the Dynaheir line you mention was being used in the game all along, and you just never encountered in until BG:EE.

Not sure about Imoen's line though. That might have been one that just wasn't used at all in the original.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    JenzafarelementJuliusBorisovDJKajuru
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    edited May 2014
    Jaheira never used to say "by your command" either. As I recall, when the game became downloadable, one of the selling points was "never-before heard dialogue" but I can't find any supporting evidence now.
    elminster
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I'm pretty sure I'd heard these dialogue lines in the plain old CD version, though possibly after patching or a TuTu/Trilogy install. They were rarer, but definitely part of the game resources.
    jackjackAyiekie
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    I apologize about the necro, but...

They were always there, but most of them were only triggered if you clicked on the character repeatedly a number of times (9? I wanna say). Some were bugged, IIRC.
    Jenzafar
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    What annoys me the most about Dynaheir (and the reason why I never have her in my party) is because her Old English is atrociously nonsensical. She misuses all her "thous" and "thees" and puts "thy" in the worst of places. I'm pretty sure this was intentional, but it's infuriating, and arguably as bad as Imoen's limited repertoire of one-liners.

Not to mention the face that some people actually use Dynaheir's bastardized Old English in imitation, having no other experience with the dialect, which only makes it all the more annoying.
    jackjack