Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Jaheira romance messed up?

I thought things were going fine with my romance, although I hadn't heard anything from Jaheira in a while (just went through the underdark and stuff). I got to the part when I'm attacking the vampire lair for the second time, to get the elf lantern. As I recall, when this happens, Bohdi captures your love interest, which was Aerie for me previously. This time nothing happened. We just fought. Does that mean there is something wrong with the romance or does this just not happen with Jaheira?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    thespace said:

Jahiera romance messed up?

Yeah, it hella messed up, but I think we knew that already.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 302
    "Bodhi takes the person you're currently romancing with or the person who is finally in love with you, so 1 or 2 will do."

I don't know if this is so with all the characters, but I noticed when romancing Rasaad, there was only an incident with Bodhi when the romance was a 2, not a 1.

Also, for future reference, if you're romancing Jaheira you should rest outside often because some things happen there.
    thespacejackjackJuliusBorisov
  • thespacethespace Member Posts: 993
    Thank you. I don't know whether I can use the CLUAConsole or not, as I'm using a Mac Air. I'll have to look into that after work.

I did back my game up a little and rested a couple of times outside, immediately after leaving the elf camp outside of the underdark. This triggered Jaheira disappearing, with some wizard giving us a note from her, so apparently I wasn't far along enough for Bohdi to vamp her.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 12,613
    @Jenzafar‌ Oh, I've checked it more thoroughly and it seems you're right in terms of any romance candidate.

If your romance hasn't progressed to the stage "2", Bodhi won't kidnap your lover. Several threads confirm this: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30405/neera-romance-emergency-spoilers-ahoy http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/53093111

So, @thespace‌ , it may be that you've encountered Bodhi too early, i.e. before Jaheira fell in love with your character. It happens after the 58th LoveTalk.

Also, according to the Mac FAQ http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16320/mac-faq :

How do I enable the console?

Open the .ini in your favorite text editor and add the following line:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Press control-space to open the console.
    thespace
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Unfortunately the Jaheira romance takes forever. There's a (real time) timer that limits dialogues to a at most once per 30 minutes, only happening in certain areas. If you're not progressing then leave the game running but paused while you do something else (have dinner, watch TV) and when you come back you'll have another dialogue. Further, some dialogues only trigger when resting outdoors in natural environments. This is a pain, as there's no cues telling you to do this and in BG2 it's pretty easy to always rest in Inns.
    Jenzafarthespace
  • EvrarEvrar Member Posts: 1
    strange thing happend to me, after i installed some mods (tweaks) lovetalk variable disapeared
    how to restore it?, i tried reinstall game while keeping saves, but it does not restored it.