Skip to content

Jaheira romance messed up?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    thespace said:

Jahiera romance messed up?

Yeah, it hella messed up, but I think we knew that already.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    "Bodhi takes the person you're currently romancing with or the person who is finally in love with you, so 1 or 2 will do."

I don't know if this is so with all the characters, but I noticed when romancing Rasaad, there was only an incident with Bodhi when the romance was a 2, not a 1.

Also, for future reference, if you're romancing Jaheira you should rest outside often because some things happen there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Jenzafar‌ Oh, I've checked it more thoroughly and it seems you're right in terms of any romance candidate.

If your romance hasn't progressed to the stage "2", Bodhi won't kidnap your lover. Several threads confirm this: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30405/neera-romance-emergency-spoilers-ahoy http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/258273-baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn/53093111

So, @thespace‌ , it may be that you've encountered Bodhi too early, i.e. before Jaheira fell in love with your character. It happens after the 58th LoveTalk.

Also, according to the Mac FAQ http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16320/mac-faq :

How do I enable the console?

Open the .ini in your favorite text editor and add the following line:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Press control-space to open the console.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Unfortunately the Jaheira romance takes forever. There's a (real time) timer that limits dialogues to a at most once per 30 minutes, only happening in certain areas. If you're not progressing then leave the game running but paused while you do something else (have dinner, watch TV) and when you come back you'll have another dialogue. Further, some dialogues only trigger when resting outdoors in natural environments. This is a pain, as there's no cues telling you to do this and in BG2 it's pretty easy to always rest in Inns.
  • EvrarEvrar Member Posts: 2
    strange thing happend to me, after i installed some mods (tweaks) lovetalk variable disapeared
    how to restore it?, i tried reinstall game while keeping saves, but it does not restored it.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    edited November 2017
    thespace said:

I thought things were going fine with my romance, although I hadn't heard anything from Jaheira in a while (just went through the underdark and stuff). I got to the part when I'm attacking the vampire lair for the second time, to get the elf lantern. As I recall, when this happens, Bohdi captures your love interest, which was Aerie for me previously. This time nothing happened. We just fought. Does that mean there is something wrong with the romance or does this just not happen with Jaheira?

What I usually do before this moment in the questline is do all of the side parts of her romance like buying her the necklace. Then, straight away go to the Watcher's Keep and keep resting outside (obviously make sure to not have any time specific quests). Move around a bit too, and sometimes fast travel. Your romance will advance quite fast, and the romance abduction will work.

What I love about Jaheira the most, is the fact that if you give her Tyrande portrait, she as a person overall, feels like Tyrande. Best choice I ever made. Made the romance even better than I wanted it to.
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Yes, she is not only a recently widowed woman, she is also old enough to be charnames mother, and has been acting like it since the friendly arm inn. I feel like "messed up" is an oversimplification.

Good luck solving your other problem though.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Yes, she is not only a recently widowed woman, she is also old enough to be charnames mother, and has been acting like it since the friendly arm inn. I feel like "messed up" is an oversimplification.

This more how you read into it. There rally isn't enough characteriazation to base this off of. I always saw Jaheira as a mentor type figure, but not a motherly one. Khalid however, is TOTALLY the team mom.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155

I'm pretty sure that based on the timeline, Jaheira and Khalid are either a bit older or the same age. The timeline is wonky with BG series, however it eases the discomfort with age if any.