Skip to content

Saved Games Vanished in Mac OSX Mavericks

withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
edited May 2014 in Mac OS X (Archive)
So I upgraded my computer to Mavericks (didn't want to, had to, long story) and now when I launch the game and try to load a previously saved game, they are all gone. Any ideas on a: Where they are being stored and b: where they need to be, for the game to recognize them?

Thanks!

Withnail
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I would recommend re-opening the launcher and 'restoring' your install if you bought the game from Beamdog.
  • withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    I did, but the game itself launches fine. It's just that when I go to load a saved game, they're all blank. It's like Mavericks moved my saved games folder and I am not sure where to go to find it.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, if your save folder got moved then that would definitely cause the problem. One thing I liked about Macs was that it was really easy to find things when you lost them. Try typing a bunch of 0's ("0000000" for instance) into your search bar and see what pops up. It will probably find your save files pretty quickly.

Moving this to the performance issues section since this isn't really a bug with the game.
    AstroBryGuy
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The save game folder is in (replace USERNAME with your username on OSX):

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

or

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition

Getting to the Library folder take a trick. In Finder, click on the Go menu. Then, press and hold the Option (Alt) key. "Library" should appear on the menu. Select Library, then navigate to the Containers folder, etc..

Normally, the Beamdog installer creates a alias to these folders in your Documents folder. Did these aliases get deleted?
    Thanks! Getting to the Lib is not a problem. Not sure how to get the game to recognize these saved games, though. It seems to think I have no saved games. Any idea how to fix that problem?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Are the saved games in the correct location? Is the alias in the Documents folder still there?
    Seems like it's fixed. I have no idea how this happened. maybe simply locating the save folder in the Containers folder and then importing one of the saves re-connected them all? All I know is, everything's back to where it should be!

Thanks, all!
    AstroBryGuy