Skip to content

What 2 Spells Would You Choose?

2»

Comments

• simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i would say greater restoration (my husband is termilly ill, so you know, convenient)
    resurrection

and honorable mentions time stop (i'm a teacher and honestly, there aren't enough hours in a day to get my work done, also, i'd love to be able to take a break every now and again)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    simples said:

and honorable mentions time stop (i'm a teacher and honestly, there aren't enough hours in a day to get my work done, also, i'd love to be able to take a break every now and again)

I am thinking Dash Randal from the Incredibles, with the thumb tack on the teacher's seat, only in reverse. Student makes a snide remark in class and then shoots a spit-ball at the teacher. Timestop. Teacher moves the student physically into the path of the spitball and goes to sit in the student's seat. Time resumes. Splat... On the Student. Ha.....

• abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Timestop. And Dragon's Breath.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540

I am thinking Dash Randal from the Incredibles, with the thumb tack on the teacher's seat, only in reverse. Student makes a snide remark in class and then shoots a spit-ball at the teacher. Timestop. Teacher moves the student physically into the path of the spitball and goes to sit in the student's seat. Time resumes. Splat... On the Student. Ha.....

they wouldn't dare
    no really, they wouldn't
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Timestop and Dragon's Breath.
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    Looks like someone here is looking to give Crevs some competition in the total annihilation department
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    abazigal5 said:

Timestop and Dragon's Breath.

You know you already made that as a post right? :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2014

simples said:

I don't think anyone is remember saying time or duration. Time stop takes like 5 seconds to cast and only lasts for like 10. That's not enough time to really do much, or casting while a spitball flies across a room. Õ_ø
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Looks like someone here is looking to give Crevs some competition in the total annihilation department

I got Fire Resistance as a Fire Salamander, whoooohoooooo!!!!
    Plus, as the Lord of Chaos Extra-Planar Demi-God I am, I'm immune to Timestop.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014
    meagloth said:

simples said:

I don't think anyone is remember saying time or duration. Time stop takes like 5 seconds to cast and only lasts for like 10. That's not enough time to really do much, or casting while a spitball flies across a room. Õ_ø
    Doesn't Time Stop last for 3 rounds? (18 seconds)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    meagloth said:

simples said:

You know you are playing too much Baldur's gate when......
    So that's 2 Wishes/day for @Twani‌
    Nice to see someone finally opt for the 2/day
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I would pick Contingency and Raise Dead.

Contingency : Dead => Raise Dead. And tada !

Or I would pick the Wish spell, because as per PnP it can copy any other spell of level 8 or lower.
  • BusticationBustication Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2014
    Time Stop and Mass Heal.

Heal cures feeblemind, insanity, sickness, addiction, and fatigue. A few weeks in DC, a month or two in Brussels... who knows where it might lead. Doesn't fix evil, but that's what the time stop's for...
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Something like timestop wouldn't be bad... But not exactly it. More like a time travel. Also, something like projected image (of current self), able to talk, too, and carry memories, so i can warn my past self or something of what is about to happen, and how it can predict and reverse unwanted events (especially if everything's gone bad, and especially if it is thanks to others and their actions towards/against me).

I don't care about damage or summons. Only about divination. But the only divination guaranteed to work 100%, is complex, so i would need something like the above for it to work (always in the sphere of fantasy, of course).

This, is plan A.

Plan B, now...

The seventh level druid spell, that makes you extremely beautiful and desirable to the eyes of the affected creature, so much, that it even dies, if it cannot have you...

Improved invisibility. For stalking beauties and undressing girls, right??
    @Demonoid_Limewire‌ Maybe this spell is right up your alley?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

This idea was inspired by @meagloth‌ 's "Strongest kit/class" thread.

Greater Restoration—Is a complete heal that also cures poison, disease, and mental disabilities. I would probably try to keep this secret and ask my friends to keep it secret as well to avoid lines forming at my door. I wouldn't use the ability to heal the world or to make money, that would make me famous/infamous. I'd try to be as incognito as possible healing only myself, friends and loved ones.

Regeneration—Because even though you get fully healed by Heal and Greator Restoration, the descriptions don't mention anything about lost limbs. I've gotta have that covered as well. Again, same secrecy between me and my friends.

Ressurection—This would be my second spell if Heal also regenerated lost limbs. I would use this only for untimely and unwarranted deaths, not to bring back old people that have died from age.

Have fun

Greater restoration is a huge waste if you plan to stay low-key and secret. You can become a cult leader and a real saint famous. Ofcourse you can be killed/kidnapped/forced to work or be dissected by scientists and governments..so.
    Also greater rest. will drain you very tired so it won't be used too often.

Cure disease will be an awesome pick for a doctor. With it you can cure blindness, deafness and malign cancers and even AIDS with ease. It is low key as well, you don't cause huge gaping wounds to be closed instantly or regrow limbs, which will freak out the world. Cure disease can be covered very easily,you just have a secret formula and procedure that cures the ailing. ^^