Skip to content

It seems Beamdog has quitted on the idea of NWN:EE for now

124»

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    HotU starts in such a way that it can be a sequel to either SoU or the original OC.
  • Ratibor92Ratibor92 Member Posts: 149
    edited November 2017
    Fardragon said:

HotU starts in such a way that it can be a sequel to either SoU or the original OC.

Yeah, but you can't play HotU as a Hero of Neverwinter. You play as a SoU protagonist actually, thus you are loosing a lot of interesting in-game opportunities, as for me.''
    Post edited by Ratibor92 on
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I think you have a few references with Sharwyn in the start where you can inquire a bit about the hero of neverwinter. He had some sort of disagreement with Nasher that ended badly, so he/she left the city or something?

I think the Hero of Neverwinter should have been referenced a little in NwN2 since he's such a major figure, but I'm guessing there wasn't much communication between the dev teams back in the day.

From the looks of it the nwn2 oc must have had some problems during development as well. It's a bit unfinished in certain areas.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited November 2017

From the looks of it the nwn2 oc must have had some problems during development as well. It's a bit unfinished in certain areas.
    Unfinished is an understatement. There is what, two or three sidequests in the whole OC? The rest being railroading. That being said I played the OC all the way through like 3 times and regret nothing.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its a common problem with Obsidian games. Their ambitions are always MUCH bigger than the time they have to make them.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    It seems that the thread title is a bit outdated.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Oh. My. God.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    vvell it's novv
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I had a feeling that if we got another EE it would be NWN.
This discussion has been closed.