Skip to content

What in the 9 hells is this?

So i was spending a few hours testing out my diffrent classes while killing some Ankeggs when i came across this. It was a letter that said "Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man but cannot walk or hold things?" Is this a riddle of some sort?

Comments

• HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    Nope,...
    It is a letter worth 100 Gold. (Random Drop)
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147

Nope,...
    It is a letter worth 100 Gold. (Random Drop)

Oh well i thought it was cool/neat i hope i find more in the future.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2014
    There are feet on the legs of my chair! But yes, there are no hands on the arms.

The in-game joke is wrong about chairs not being able to hold things ... this one I'm sitting in holds me well enough. Otherwise I'd fall on the floor.
    @Gallowglass Hahahaaa good thinking. But it cannot grasp things in its clutches unless it comes alive like in Beetlejuice.
  • Alistar2013Alistar2013 Member Posts: 44
    I got that too and was like hey this could be important and I googled and searched here and found nothing! So yeah just another 100-good-for-nothing-useless gold.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Hahaha! I found it a couple of days ago and was convinced it was important. I carried it around for quite some time for no bloody reason :P Still love my golden pantaloons though. Stay away from them! :D
    Trousers you would be proud to take home to mother, if mother rode fast and fought hard!
    @CaloNord‌ I remember the crazy prices in IWD 2 i though some items on there where overpriced. lol
    But then again they where at war with low supplies. " 5 coins? By the gods i had no idea that Targos was paved with such riches!"
    Hahahah! I remember that!! Then there was stuff like masterwork spears for obscene amounts of money. I could buy Targos for the price of that pointy stick. And can someone get me chainmail for less then the price of a ship?!

In all seriousness though a money mod would probably be a hell of a lot more work then it sounds. To get it to work you'd really need to introduce a copper, silver, gold system to get realistic prices. Which is really not everyones cup of tea and to be honest sounds like a hell of a lot of work for little tangible difference :D
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CaloNord said:

Hahahah! I remember that!! Then there was stuff like masterwork spears for obscene amounts of money. I could buy Targos for the price of that pointy stick. And can someone get me chainmail for less then the price of a ship?!

In all seriousness though a money mod would probably be a hell of a lot more work then it sounds. To get it to work you'd really need to introduce a copper, silver, gold system to get realistic prices. Which is really not everyones cup of tea and to be honest sounds like a hell of a lot of work for little tangible difference :D

I would like to see what bg is like when a suit of armor actually costs as much as a small mansion and you can only carry one at a time, and the gibberlings don't have gold coins shoved up their butts.
    edited June 2014
    WHERE DO THE GIBBERLINGS KEEP THEIR MONEY?! OMG. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?! /Rant/ *cough* Sorry about that... I lost control a little... :O
    Post edited by CaloNord on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Him. *Glares*
    @meagloth‌ Well its like when you kill a deer in skyrim and find like 6 gold... lol

Fus Ro Dah! *bear goes flying 200 miles* I hated that :P
    I love doing it to the Greybeards and watching them fly off the mountain, But when it fails and they spam you with frost breath.... Its a lose win situation.
    HAHAHAHA!! Oh that's mean! :P
    DOVAHKIN! ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-CS8L_8LBk
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    LOL Thank you for my morning chuckle CaloNord. I hadn’t seen that one.
    You are very welcome! :) It's epic. And highlights everything I found mildly childish about Skyrim ;) FUS RO DA! Bye bye big scarey beasty ;)
    Morrowind.
    Give me Morrowind EE!
    I think there are a few others of said bear.
    Yes there are indeed many videos of the aforementioned bear. DOVAHKIN BEAR! :D
    I always found the arrow in the face and that moments silence quite funny. :D
    Fus Ro Da was way OP :P
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Morrowind is Bethesda acme of the whole TES saga.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    CaloNord said:

WHERE DO THE GIBBERLINGS KEEP THEIR MONEY?!

Personally, I use a wallet.

And yes, those scrolls are just a really rare random drops.

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited July 2014
    CaloNord said:

Give me Morrowind EE!

@CaloNord ask and you will receive :)

[spoiler=Morrowind]image[/spoiler]
    [spoiler=Morrowind EE]image[/spoiler]
    You just need the right mods :)
    @Erg‌ I've been running it with Better Bodies, Better Heads, MSEE, Abigails Petshop and weather/grass and tree enhancements. :) Looks pretty good, it has a few compatibility issues with windows 8 that have since been bypassed! :D One of my FAVORITE games of all time! :D:D
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I've found that multiple times in my games but always figured it was pointless. 100 gp isn't much, but I still would've kept it had I known...
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited July 2014
    @Calonord: @Erg is right: There are LOTS of mods for TES III: Morrowind, also you can find FULL overhaul mods for it! I remember in 2009 re-playing it with this kind of mod and itt looked much better than Oblivion!! Better models, better textures, deeper LOD, realistic sounds, various rebalancing, quest/npc/items additions etc all in one NEXUS compatible mod installer. :)

Also, IIRC, i recall a total conversion for TES IV: Oblivion, which basically converts it in Morrowind. :)