Skip to content

Baking and Cooking.

TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
edited June 2014 in Off-Topic
I love baking and do some cooking form time to time. So far i have made in the past year over 500 cookies or more. 6 cakes and 2 types of breads.

Here are some picks so far: The fist is carrot cake. The second is Bread with garlic on top. The Third is just a plain cookie with chocolate chips.

Feel Free to post your own as well.

Comments

• TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    Lovely baking pics so far looks really well done. @LadyRhian‌ like the peep theme that is really creative nice work. @jackjack‌ That looks good so far cant wait to see the results. @lolien‌ Those pretzels are staring back at me and saying "EAT ME!!". My pretzel recipe still needs some work.
    edited June 2014
    @meagloth‌
    Holy @#$% thats huge look awsome!!. And i never understood why the Americans called them cub-scouts instead of just cubs and then when kids get older scouts.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

@meagloth‌
    Holy @#$% thats huge look awsome!!. And i never understood why the Americans called them cub-scouts instead of just cubs and then when kids get older scouts.

The formal name for cubs is cub-scouts. I'm not going to say that is the case everywhere but generally that is the case.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    My lunch
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    I think if I worked with @LadyRhian I would be several pounds heavier! Those all looked delicious!
    @booinyoureyes I had that yesterday, or something close to it.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

@meagloth‌

Hehe, you didn't have to eat it. I would save the exclamations for @LadyRhian‌ instead of an 8 year old.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Falafel time, falafel time, won't you have some falafels of mine?
    [Spoiler]image[/Spoiler]
    Excuse the misshapen forms. I had a couple of requests to make "burgers" out of the batter. Philistines, the whole lot of 'em.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @ronaldo @meagloth Thank you for your kind words, as Branwen would say. I made dinner tonight, but I was too hungry to take pictures. Honey Barbecue chicken thighs (one bone makes for easy eating), butter noodles and peas. And yes, it was delicious! If I ever get a chance to make my Christmas Cookie Spritz Cookie recipe (all the sugar, twice the fat with butter *and* cream cheese!), I'll take pictures of them. They require a cookie press.
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited June 2014
    LadyRhian said:

image This is the last cake I made that I have pictures of. It's my "Peep Bow" cake for Easter. Golden Cake, Yellow-dyed frosting, and a rainbow made of all the colored Peeps I could find. (I heard there were orange ones, but I couldn't find them where I was shopping.)

Likely a cake of homosexual sign.
    German Pancakes *yes i'm only a man and can cooks my yummy meals* german pancakes, they are wider, brighter and thinner as the american little brother.

Crepes is the thinnest brother from france.

Taking it before overcoat with knife and a spoon of Sirup or Marmalade or alternative as nutella.
    edited June 2014
    Daralon87 said:

What possible need/value is there in posting a comment like this?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    *facepalm*
    Can we stick to food?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    elminster said:

Daralon87 said:

I beleive it was a jest in...unfortunate taste. I beleive @Daralon87‌ is from Germany, and so perhaps the wording was not as eloquently put as he had hoped, English being his second language. For now I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I prefer not to judge until I have all the facts.
    Arbeite noch, melde mich später auf englisch.
    Daralon87 said:

Arbeite noch, melde mich später auf englisch.

For future reference I will add that "like" is not the same as "likely". Those two letters changed the whole meaning and tone of your sentence.

Anyways, does anyone here use avocado for anything? (food related I'm not looking for beauty products hehe) Someone I know randomly gave me one and its not the type of thing I'd normally buy. I'll probably just end up throwing it in a sandwhich or salad but I figured I'd first see if there was anyone here with far more creative ideas.

Finally because this thread just simply has too few pictures of cinnamon rolls here is a picture of what the cinnamon rolls look like when they are individually wrapped (I'm not normally involved in this).
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Elminster Guacamole is usual for Avocado. But, try here: http://www.californiaavocado.com/recipes/
    edited June 2014
    elminster said:

Daralon87 said:

Forget to editing: LOOKS likely... sry

@elminster Those are some lovely Cinnamon buns, i have yet to make them on my own but my sister has she did a good job. Sadly she has lost interest in baking and cooking and will not eat mine for some odd reason.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited June 2014
    Okay guys, seems that you have to invite me to your home. THIS LOOKS SO YUMMY :)
    Post edited by Aristillius on