Skip to content

Minsc got intelligence drained, now he can't move.

I am playing baldurs gate II for the first time, and having a blast.
I am playing the enhanced edition on my iPad.
And i ran into a problem which i am not sure if it is a bug or not:
I was fighting slavers in the drydocked ship, and somehow Minsc got his intelligence drained to 3. (His stats shows a red 3 next to his intelligence, and i assume this means he got it drained.)
There are no icons or anything on his character-picture to indiciate that he is effected by any status ailments.
And he can't move, or take in any sorts of commands and i can't look at his inventory, as if he was stunned or berserked or panicking or something like that.
I assume the intelligence drain made him so stupid he forgot how to walk, but after waiting around for almost an hour in real time i am starting to think this really should not happen. Am i right, is it a bug?
Also, i cannot leave the area because i need to gather my party before venturing forth and i cannot sleep and hope that minscs intelligence comes back because some reason, i assume i can only sleep in the wilderness or at a tavern.

I waited for almost an hour in real time for minsc to get smart again, and wonder if i should keep waiting or if i should load an earlier save from before he got the drain?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Might want to reload.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739

Minsc got intelligence drained, now he can't move.

But Boo can still move, right? So, nothing to worry about.

Seriously, though, what @elminster‌ said.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Minsc...to get smart...again?
    Now, I've heard everything!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I believe he is feebleminded , and you can only remove that by casting a dispel magic on him.
    Or maybe kill him , and ressurect him later! (that way you can leave the area)
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Poor Minsc. He's already Feeblemind'ed. He can't afford to spare ANY! :O
  • TuffakillenTuffakillen Member Posts: 2
    Southpaw said:

Minsc...to get smart...again?
    Now, I've heard everything!

Haha, yeah, well at least he is smart enough to walk in normal cases.

I reloaded and played through that area again without him or anyone else to get intelligencedrained.

But really, the intelligence score can't really effect whether or not a character can take commands, right?
    Either he was feebleminded so he couldnt take commands, or there was a bug?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    The feeblemind status condition often reduces intelligence to 3.
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    Tresset said:

Sounds like he's changed his mind about being an adventurer and is about to pursue a future in politics.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    nosecret said:

Tresset said:

Sounds like he's changed his mind about being an adventurer and is about to pursue a future in politics.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI