Skip to content

Apprentice quest in mage stronghold

Hi everyone,
it's my first post and i don't use forum often (and i'm Italian so english isn't my language :) )so i ask to forgive my eventual errors..
my question is:i've made wrong choices when i decided the item to be build,so all my apprentices are dead...
is there a way to restart the quest from the beginning?
thks to all

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    You would probably have to load your game from a point before you told them to build the item. Failing that it may be possible to mess with variables but it would probably not be simple and you would have to know what you were doing. I can't help at the moment, however, due to personal problems.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    You can. But it requires setting quite a few different variables, and is really sort of a pain.

This is one of those cases where I'd say it's better to live with the consequences or reload due to the annoyances you'd have to change.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    If you upload your save I'll have a crack at it. But it would most likely be faster if you just reload. :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The Staff of Power is actually one of the better mage staves, especially when you consider you can always sell it and buy it back (to get back charges). Its lightning spell stuns a target for 30 seconds with no save allowed. I mean there are better staves out there but not that many. Personally I wouldn't really worry about it. You aren't going to be lacking in experience and while losing out on the Ring of Wizardry does suck it is possible to get another one of them depending on your party composition (and even without it you are still a mage so you've already likely got a lot of spells to work with).
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The only issue would be if they failed to make it and died anyway...
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Mine blow themselves up all the time. This is why I get the playhouse instead. :P Besides, you'd come to my playhouse. . . wouldn't you. . .

• valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Necromancy because one of my apprenti happened to died even though I picked the safest option and it annoyed me enough to look it up in NI/Shadowkeeper.

Turns out that even if the most terrible happens, you can get the perfect graduation ceremony and journal entry simply by setting Global("ApprentiJob","GLOBAL",2) in SK or through console in between the sad event and the ceremony 24 hours later. Just in case that helps someone someday.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in my opinion, as long as you got the ring of wizardry you should be fine, if they all live I think you get like 20 000xp or maybe more, but seriously, that is a drop in the bucket, and even if some die anyway, you will still be able to continue on your mage stronghold anyway so its all good
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    @CaloNord

Aaahh! That evil jester scared me!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    A good portrait for Eldoth, at least...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    It would definitely change my impression of Eldoth if that were his portrait :)