edited September 2014
    So, here is Thorla, female Dwarven Inquisitor
    highest of 7 re-rolls was 86
    Two-handed Sword ++
    Two-weapon Style ++

with the party before leaving Candlekeep:
    lolienlunarJuliusBorisov
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I'm beginning to grow cautiously optimistic that I might be able to get BG city for once in a strict no-reload game. The party just arrived at the bandit camp and they're fairly capable. Hull is at -8 AC with Bendalis' Bard Song; and Thorla at -6. I'm getting an annoying bug with Carbos special snare which should Slow but instead often encloses the target with an Otiluke's sphere (that shouldn't happen until level 16). But the BH traps really help a lot with a party like this. Hopefully I can get to Davaeorn and survive that fight.
    lolienJuliusBorisovFinneousPJDexter
    edited September 2014
    Addedum to the above: I haven't used a Bounty Hunter in a long while (I think I tried it once maybe a decade ago, but didn't care for it so I quickly abandoned the playthrough). The Otiluke's bug is a technical glitch which gives me the option to reload, I suppose... But assuming that it's going to happen regularly, if I am to work with the bug I guess I can use it to my advantage by having the party retreat, have Carbos start withholding his regular snare and set it then, plus have Imoen place some Skull traps. Then when the Otiluke's spell ends, wham.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I always spend money on wands. When you buy a wand of paralyzation or a wand of monster summoning back, they cost a fortune - but hey, they have 50 charges:)

The ring of invisibility is also a good buy.
    lolien
    And the Greenstone Amulet, which I overlooked when thinking instead of a potion of clarity for the sirines!
    lolien
    edited September 2014
    Doh, wait, what am I thinking... I have an Inquisitor! Mind Shield plus True Seeing = vanquished sirines. (I've barely played Inquisitors over the years.)

Edit: Just tested and Mind Shield does not provide complete immunity to Dire Charm, though. So especially given that it is the PC who would be at risk (in a strict no-reload game) I definitely do want the Greenstone Amulet.
    lolien
    edited September 2014
    I had also overlooked Gregan's Harp for Bendalis (he's a Skald). I had some gems yet, and a few other items to sell (e.g., Imoen with DoV will not need the Whistler, etc.) which gives me a bit more buying power. But anyway, the purchases are:

Dagger of Venom
    Shadow Armor
    Greenstone Amulet
    Gregan's Harp

and I still have about 4500 gp left.

I bought wands of Sleep and Fear already from Thalantyr, but there's no wands of paralyzation for sale at High Hedge or Ulgoth's Beard.

Having both Algernon's Cloak and Gregan's Harp is almost game-breaking, honestly. It's possible for enemies to save against both, but at least in my experience it seems they almost never do. Anyway, with those items to take control of enemies, the enemy parties of four (i.e., Lamalha's, Ioion's, Molkar's, Kirian's) can be dispatched pretty handily just by charming two of their number to attack the other two.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    Oh well, this game ended in Cloakwood when Seniyad apparently Called Lightning which killed Thorla! It's usually a pretty easy fight. Two of the enemy were charmed to fight the other two and it seemed to be well under control. But then the lightning strike. At least I'm assuming that it was the spell versus a random lightning strike.

It's okay, actually, since I need to return to my "Fates" game anyway, and at this point this game was kind of distracting from that.

I'll move this thread now to Challenges and Playthroughs. It's been a lot of fun working with this collection of characters, I look forward to firing up another one of these games one day.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Personally, I'm sad to see your run has ended. I've hoped to see Thorla beat Sarevok.

I have never looked at the Seniyad's encounter as at an easy fight. Several times in the past I had the same ending - so now I always try not only to hit Seniyad in order to stop his casting but also make a charname invisible or make him immune to lighting as soon as the dialog ends.

The "Fates" Journal is legendary, of course, so I'm looking forward to reading the continuation of it.
    lolien