Skip to content

Any mods important enough to make you wait until you start playing BG EE?

2»

Comments

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    There is no point in playing without SCS or some other form of improved AI. Most likely I'll also wait for Unfinished Business and BG1 NPC Project. Rest of the stuff is optional.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2012
    The Gibberlings III: Divine Remix. It's most important for me to be able to play as an Neutral Evil Oozemaster druid and self-proclaimed follower of Ghaunadaur.
  • Dannen6272Dannen6272 Member Posts: 28
    The BG1 NPC project and the Unfinished Business mods would be nice, but playing vanilla would be ok while I wait.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Divine remix is freaking amazing I totally forgot about that and now I feel kinda bad about it. I might look at other nec mods that are out there for bg1, I just want to have a majorly new game including 3rd party content
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    It still amazes me that the Divine Remix team awesomely implemented the core 2e sphere system when it couldn't (because of time?) be implemented in bg1/2.

But yes, while my first run-through will be vanilla with a fighter...I really hope run through #2 will be with my Painbearer of Ilmater.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Wow, the love for Divine Remix... I'm glad to see how appreciated it is (I know @Andyr's around for some appreciation, dunno about @NiGHTMARE). I always felt like we never got the mod anywhere near where we wanted it to go.
  • EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    Probably none for me. The only mods I used as must haves were to fix bugs so from the looks of things at least at this point I will not need any.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Divine remix-FTW! I've started many games, but the only character I took all the way through the trilogy was a Lorekeeper of Oghma. I'd love to do that again!
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    I hope I'm not the only one who wants Rogue Rebalancing ready to go. Like Divine Remix, I much prefer the closer to PnP style.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited August 2012
    Evinfuilt said:

I hope I'm not the only one who wants Rogue Rebalancing ready to go. Like Divine Remix, I much prefer the closer to PnP style.

No, you're not the only one. I forgot to mention it in my list above, but RR belongs there as well.

I'm not too much a fan of Divine Remix though, it can make some cleric kits really gimped, by leaving out essential spells that aren't part of their spheres. Things I bumped into (speaking from memory, the monitor from my gaming PC is broke right now, I can't check): Branwen not having detect invisibility, nor silence, nor divine harmony. And it also make one of the NPC's (don't remember which) with only 4 spells on level 4, all of which were of the lousy kind. I went like - level up, jay, level 4 spells! - oh, bummer, what a bunch of lousy spell picks to choose from.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm not going to wait for mods, but am interested in eventually adding the flirtpack (for immersion) and that vampire NPC add-on (Valen, I think) because it is original.
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    I am not waiting. I played BGII first, so BGI always seemed unrefined. I think I only played it 4 times max, so, I want to see the refined version asap. If any interesting DLC's release I will likely buy them. I tried peoples mods before, and really can't say I found many worthwhile. I gave up on mods.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

I'm not going to wait for mods, but am interested in eventually adding the flirtpack (for immersion) and that vampire NPC add-on (Valen, I think) because it is original.

If I were you, I'd wait for BG2EE before adding them, you'd might run into some problems adding them to BGEE ;-)

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    I very rarely play with mods, and in the case of my favourite games (BG series being on that list), I do not use any mods beyond what is done in official patches. I prefer to play the game as it was released, errors and all. I very recently beat BG1 again, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Now here I am, in my Xth (I don't even keep count anymore) party of BG2.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    mlnevese said:

The three of them are confirmed by Trent Oster with more to come.

Oh really? sweet

... found it.
    pure win. So stoked.
  • AndyrAndyr Member Posts: 14

The Gibberlings III: Divine Remix. It's most important for me to be able to play as an Neutral Evil Oozemaster druid and self-proclaimed follower of Ghaunadaur.

That was one of my inspirations for the mod. I love the idea of Ghaunadaur, which also led to my NPC mod Mur'Neth. As @CamDawg says, glad to see the Divine Remix love.