Skip to content

Editing Backstab Mult with EEKeeper

While browsing the forums I Believe I saw a way to add an effect to lower your back stab mult. Hoping some one knows how I made a custom class of sorts using EEKeeper but the back stab Mult is raising beyond what I want it when I Level.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I don't think it is possible to edit the backstab multiplier with EEKeeper. I once made a spell that you could cast on yourself to lower the multiplier by one permanently. I use it if I want to use an illegal shadowdancer class combo. I could upload it if you want, but you would have to be careful with it as the effect is permanent and irreversible.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • JitterBugJitterBug Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2014
    @Tresset I believe theres an effect you can add that lowers it. But assuming I won't find it or it don't exist, how does it work roughly? And can a character its been used on be imported into a multi-player game with out issues or would they need the spell on there end as well?
    Post edited by JitterBug on
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @Troodon80‌ explained this once, but I can't find the thread.
    Troodon80
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you want to change it across the board and not just for one character, you might find it easier to modify backstab.2da with NearInfinity.
    jackjackelminsterTroodon80CrevsDaak
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited August 2014
    It is opcode 263. You can find details here. If you want to adjust it for just one character, then you will want to add a new effect under the Effects tab. Under the assumption that there isn't already an entry for Backstab under the Effects selection, then you can add one via Settings→Lists→Effects.
    jackjackelminsterJitterBug
    edited August 2014
    @Dee just want to change it for one character.
    @Troodon80 Having difficulty adding the affect. Every time I load a game with my attempt, it crashes.
    Type-0x0263 Value-2 Modifier Type-1 Target-Self Flags-Instant, Permanent
    Time-0 Probability-100 Dispel/Resistance-Nonmagical

I'll keep playing with it maybe I'll get lucky but would appreciate some farther help.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Here you go. This is the file that I said I would upload but forgot to do so until now. To use it you extract the file into your override folder. Once you start your game enter the following in your console
    C:CreateItem("mdk2summ")
    and then use the created spell scroll on yourself. Doing this will lower the backstab multiplier by 1 permanently. Please note that doing this will also cause your backstab multiplier to report incorrectly on the level up screen. You will just have to ignore that because it is incorrect.
    jackjackTroodon80JitterBug
    JitterBug said:

Having difficulty adding the affect. Every time I load a game with my attempt, it crashes.
    Type-0x0263 Value-2 Modifier Type-1 Target-Self Flags-Instant, Permanent
    Time-0 Probability-100 Dispel/Resistance-Nonmagical

I'll keep playing with it maybe I'll get lucky but would appreciate some farther help.

@JitterBug, 0x0263 is a hexadecimal representation of the number, which is 611 as a decimal number (the number of effects don't go that high). Double click on "Type" to bring up the edit data window:

Then type in 263 as shown above. Your other settings should be fine.
    JitterBug
    edited August 2014
    @Troodon80 I'm using EEKeeper, when I put 263 in the type field after double clicking it to type it in, and close out of edit it displays as 0x0263.
    I may have got what your saying made I new character thinking maybe I screwed with the first one to much, and it didn't crash this time. I'll keep playing with it to be sure. Thank you for your help. Alright its working for the intended character now mistook what you said the first time and tried using the top field for it.
    Troodon80
    edited August 2014
    @JitterBug, it shows 0x00000107 for me after pressing OK on the above mentioned dialog. Use that instead. :-)

Just to clarify since I would like to get to the bottom of it (possibly fix a potential bug), you are double-clicking on the blue highlighted area shown here, right?

And then this should pop up:

If that is the case and you are still getting 0x0263 when pressing OK, can you let me know what version of Keeper you are using?
    JitterBug
    edited August 2014
    @Troodon80 was my mistake was using the top field for it at first or replacing the last 3 in the bottom field with 263. The directions you gave were correct. Thanks for your help had been looking for a solution for days now :)
    jackjackTroodon80