Skip to content

You know they still haven't invented artificial intelligence when ....

2»

Comments

• old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    I really hate to explain myself , which I really run away from. If you don't understand what I mean , which is why you are probably disgusted?/angry? ( which I can not guess what you can feel because they are all below impossible ) , that can "only and only" imply that you got me wrong.

I'm not talking about the moderator or the forums by the way. Everyone is free to do what they want , besides I don't pay the money for the servers or I'm not appointed somehow even voluntarily by them. I accept that I've mistaken , because the last thing I would have thought was for a moderator to ?warn me. Clearly I thought this was a forum , I mean ? But you see , it's his freedom , and your freedom , and I'm not going to play with that. These are all letters and monitor/projector lights anyway.

@The_Potty_1 Well actually the responses I was waiting to get were just around and similar like yours is now , a words game , some friendly trolling/joking even easy do&forget discussions. But , I'm afraid it's too late. The food is rotten now , no reason to approach it.

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    People love being offended and getting riled up.
    edited October 2014
    Yes , that's what I thought too , in case you interpret what I've written in most possible ways that COULD be acceptable ; but, the anger,the action??

I mean , people really love to look out for anyone's faults; and when they couldn't find , they like to interpret things that are not clear , in such ways to prove you to look like you're guilty. Well , sir , I'm not guilty , as I'm not harmed. This is not reality , this is what they call virtuality. You can not affect me , and I never expect for any normal-charactered person could have possibly been affected by a forum post. As any real men would know , I very well also know how to vomit out all the stress I keep in me ; but as like them I am too , holding it in because it feels right , it's how it's meant to be. I'm smiling now and even if you ban me completely , I'm really honest , I wouldn't be affected. In fact , you know , I remembered searching for "account deletion" some very time ago , but I couldn't find. For productivity , please have a look into this.

And in Alcatraz they say prisoners do not even get the chance to talk. :) Well , some relatives might be then that could make to the shores.

Enough involvement for me in this post. Locked for me.

• kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2014
    Hey guys ... I'm a gal. And I used to be intellegent, though thses days I have to modify any Intellegence rolle with a -6. That must explain why I am not sure what this discuccion/fight is actually about, as I am not sure what "they still choose to endure a woman's intelligence for a hope to be entertained" actually means ;)
    I was not going to contribute no more , but with all these negativity and ?s , I thought I should make a final point. As I mean you no hostility , that includes the mod team. I really hate doing this , but I'm not going to leave a woman in cold so here we go:

The thing I have done there is called a "mirror shield". It's a cult tactic so beware of using it other than entertainment purposes. My first post on this topic , which I need you to look at it carefully , was NOT a sentence. You can not possibly understand nothing with it alone. I haven't used any slang language or calling anyone dumb , so you clearly acted like you understood something. I put ... in the beginning for a reason. And to make it a mirror shield , I chose not to write the whole topic line there.

Now the thing with a mirror shield is it actually should be of no assaultive intent , because when your innocence is shaken , you're done. The shame will inhibit you from defending yourself as you will be flagged as dangerous. It can easily be felt. Just put here examples of people who talk like crazy and you have banned. And the second it has to be unclear on its own. And when people interact with it , they will reflect their attentions towards you by "accusing you as they fit to see you."

Now the ending , let's break it :

Read it this way :

You know they still haven't invented artificial intelligence when they still choose to endure a woman's intelligence for a hope to be entertained.

---
    Apart from the mod's band , because it will need for them to accept their mistakes first to gain neutrality to understand it "again" , it should be all clear that what I meant is and around about :

"If there were AI friend simulations , those men would not bother to disturb and try to convince women that they 'love' them , for a dream to come true."

Of course after this , you can agree or disagree , but that's another thing.

( P.S. please be aware that women's intelligence is not compared to men's intelligence but an artifical intelligence so capable it can simulate reality in a satisfying way , which is not possible. Thank you now. I'm really upset. )

... they still ask a woman what she actually meant. :) I'm sorry but you deserved it :D
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @old_jolly2 Trolling is explicitly against site rules. You've been warned already; you won't be warned again.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Actually, it has been invented. I know because... when I asked PWE support why, since their latest update, I'm unable to connect to their server, they told me that my ISP had "changed the internet" (at 3 am on a Saturday, no less) and therefore, I could connect to every server in the world except theirs. If the presumably automated maintenance of my ISP can find out what game I try to play, when it was updated and how to lock me out of only this one server... it must be damn smart.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Wow, I think you just derailed this thread back on topic. I had to read your post three times before I twigged what you were talking about :D
    edited October 2014
    @old_jolly2 Phew thats a relief. I was right when I thought that post didn't actually mean anything, and wasn't even a coherent sentence. My brain hasn't totally dripped out my ears.

And to contnue on the original theme

You know they still haven't invented artificial intelligence when .... Tumblr tries to be helpful when you write your tags for a post - and keeps on stopping you fnishing a phrase to suggest all the other things you MUST be trying to type, and of course this list doesn't include the tag you have included in your last 400 posts. Seriously this daft "helpful" program wouldn't even let me write the word women ... for some reason woman was fine, but women? Oh I can't POSSIBLY be trying to type an obscure and useless word like that!
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Suddenly had this thought while making a cup of tea and wondered why no one has posted this answer before because it's so bleeding obvious:

You know they still haven't invented artificial intelligence when.......you play Baldur's Gate with the A.I. on.
    @dunbar oh mega mega kudos for that answer!!
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Does this mean Tricia Helfer isn't real? If so I don't want to live any more. :(
    Of course Tricia Helfer/Cylon Number 6 is real (for a given defintion of real).
    not just number 6 but EDI in mass effect as well :)
    And what definition of real are you using?
    I'm slightly misquoting Terry Ptatchett - "'all things are real, for a given value of real".
    Ah, I haven't read that much Terry Pratchet and the bits that i have were a long time ago.
    I wondered if you were using it just to mean that 6 is a real number. (that would have been nasty)
    edited November 2014
    But six is a real number ..... unlike the sqaure root of -1 which is not a real number but a serious headache if you spend too much time thinking about it.

On a slightly more serious note - weren't the people shaped cylons organic beings, with their own individual consciousness. Doesn't that make them people, rather than Artificial Intellegence? Oddly enough I just read an article about Blade Runner and had a discussion with Mr Kiwidoc about the same thing - are replicants artificial interllegence or are they people. Me being me I came down firmly on the side that they are people.

Another serious bit - Terry Pratchetts cpmments on reality, and also the infamous trousers of time, have a serious underlying theme. Everyone has their own individual reality, and everyones reality is different. We screen our perceptions of the universe through what we believe it to be. In his books the power of belief can cause things to happen, and beings to be formed. This is true in the "real world" because people see what they think is there. If enough people believe in her, young girls see the Virgin Mary. If enough people believe in them, people see aliens and UFOs. Hmm ... that definitely wasn't as succint or as funny as PTerry's writing.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Replicants in Blade Runner are biological, genetically designed to be better than humans, but as Tyrell Corp. didn't knew what could happen with their feelings (since they are 'born' at an adult age, with their brain fully grown but no experiences in life nor emotional background to create responses), they gave them only four years of life, so that they would not develop strong emotions, which they actually do (remember when Roy saves Deckard from falling? Or when he gets angry after Pris' death?), Also they created another replicant, with a longer expiration date and implanted memories to create an emotional background... Rachel is that replicant.

(and yes, I'm a big fan of Blade Runner and analyzing movies/books I watch/read).
    Dee said:

@old_jolly2 Trolling is explicitly against site rules. You've been warned already; you won't be warned again.

How can you miss DreadKhan!!! AGREES on this. I looked for that meme that has a man with hands open , but this should do as well. He's just literally smiling behind the policeofficer @Dee , when I'm arrested wrongfully. :)

Trolling with Agree button. He's just about to finish his mastery...

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Some interesting comments on Steven Hawking's warning about AI:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/stephen-hawking-right-about-dangers-of-ai-but-for-the-wrong-reasons-says-eminent-computer-expert-9908450.html

Hope I got the link thing right, it's the first time I've tried this.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Am I the only one bothered about the negative in the title? It should be "You'll know they have invented AI when..." It doesn't make sense at the moment!!
  • When I walk outside and it's still gray and rainy.