Skip to content

[Known 9753] Melf's Minute Meteors when Bodhi kidnaps Aerie - Workaround in Thread

GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Observed: if you're romancing Aerie and she has Melf's Minute Meteors equipped at the moment when Bodhi kidnaps her in Chapter 6, then when you later go to the Temple Ruins and revive her, she still has Melf's Minute Meteors equipped, and therefore (as usual when a magical weapon is active) can't re-equip her ordinary weapons (nor her shield). However, if you then go into combat (I met a random ambush), she can't actually use the remaining Minute Meteors - instead of throwing the Minute Meteors, she runs into melee and attacks with fists! Therefore she's stuck with the Meteors equipped, and remains unable to re-equip her ordinary weapons and shield.

Expected: either (preferably) the Minute Meteors ought to be removed when she is kidnapped, or they ought still to be active after she is recovered (so that they can be cleared out by being used).

Workaround: casting a successful Dispel Magic on her clears the Meteors from her inventory, so she can then re-equip normally. (However, if you don't happen to have some other party member who can cast a successful Dispel Magic, then you might have a more lasting problem.)

Comment: I guess the same would happen if you were romancing some other character who had Melf's Minute Meteors equipped at the relevant moment (either Neera creating them by casting, or any other romantic interest creating them with the Cowl of the Stars), but I haven't tested this with other characters.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Thumbs up! I think the fix for this one is easy, just add a ActionOverride("aerie",DestroyItem("MELFMET")) or maybe ActionOverride("aerie",TakeItemReplace("","MELFMET","Aerie")) if someone prefers a stupid alternate version ;)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Sorry, @CrevsDaak‌, I overlooked your reply. Thanks.

However, it's not just a fix for Aerie that's needed - the same fix will (presumably) also be needed for every other romanceable character, since the Cowl of the Stars allows any character to have the Meteors.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Gate70 / @Troodon80: Don't see any tag on this. Has this been reported?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I can't see a ticket for it @Illydth‌
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Gate70: You want to put one in? Technically I'm not supposed to at this point. Still have access but I think Dee wants you guys doing it from here out. Let me know the number and I can tag it or you can, either one.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Done. An easier workaround is to have Aerie cast Melfs Minute Meteors again :)