Skip to content

Best Armor for a Cleric/Thief

Anyone have any suggestions? Obviously I'm looking for w/e armor provides the best bonuses w/o disabling thief abilities. Thanks guys.

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Shadow dragon scale is the best I believe from a pure AC stand. The Nights Gift +5 from umar hills quest is also very good. But if you want to add a bonus to your sneaking, then the Shadow Armor from Maevar is probably where you want to be at.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I've been rockin the Shadow dragon scales for the game I'm playing now, but I'm a bit underwhelmed w/ the utility I get out of the acid resistance. I'll probably just stick w/ it though.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    White Dragon Scale iirc.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    stygga said:

Shadow dragon scale is the best I believe from a pure AC stand. The Nights Gift +5 from umar hills quest is also very good. But if you want to add a bonus to your sneaking, then the Shadow Armor from Maevar is probably where you want to be at.

Actually, the Nights Gift +5 is better, not worse than the Shadow Armor from Maevar: the former gives you +20% hide in shadows, while the latter gives you only +15% hide in shadows. Moreover, the Nights Gift has better AC (3) instead of the Shadow Armor (4), so I usually end up using the Nights Gift +5 on my thief, including a cleric/thief.

An evil Cleric/Thief can use Human Flesh +5 , +20% magic resistance is hard to beat.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    bengoshi said:

Moreover, the Nights Gift has better AC (3) instead of the Shadow Armor (4)

However the Nights Gift is a magical leather armor as opposed to the Shadow Armor being a magical studded leather armor, so the latter has much better modifiers:

Nights Gift is 3 vs. crushing, 3 vs. slashing, 5 vs. piercing and missile

Shadow Armor is 4 vs. crushing, 2 vs. slashing, 3 vs. piercing and missile
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Once you get Use Any Item, wear the Robe of Vecna!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Any mage you have in your party would get better use out of it.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    elminster said:

Any mage you have in your party would get better use out of it.
    Yeah but what if you don't have a mage? Or what if you just want to speed up some cleric spells? Whatever, he can do what he wants.
  • AkuratheunseenAkuratheunseen Member Posts: 28
    If you didn't have a single mage in your party then most of the vet would look very funny at you :D But then they like to play with scs which requires you to have atleast 1-2 mages. Speeding up cleric spells isnt very useful as their main goal is to buff which your likely to do before battle so :P
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Vecna robes should be used to Snap off a sanctuary or 2... wear them only when your mages are far enough away... then return them after you're done puncturing holes.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Once you get Use Any Item, wear Jan's armor.
    Klorox said:

Once you get Use Any Item, wear Jan's armor.

BG2EE won't allow this.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    But, it says use ANY item . . .
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    CaloNord said:

Jan's armor is only for those who have a turnip reflex!

Seriosly though, the discussion on this subject (and a link to a mod that fixes the problem) is here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/418256/#Comment_418256
    CaloNord said:

Yep. I don't agree with the change but there it is.