Skip to content

What do you do in your life?

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

@meagloth‌ You're younger than I thought, haha. But let me tell you something I wish I could've told myself in the 10th grade: Don't let those years fly by you. Seize them, no matter what you want to do, make sure that in the future you will remember them fondly and with no regrets... because those golden years... they don't come back...

Perhaps, though I don't imagine myself as one of those nostalgic for childhood. I can see the appeal: in retrospect, you had very little responsibility, you had many freinds,and many fond memories. But the present is always the worst of your days, is it not? The past is selective and the future holds hope for most.
    And so I do not deviate from the norm. I remember only the high points of childhood, and look forward only to the boons of adulthood.

*sigh*

I am not most people, as I am fond of saying. If I am to be candid I take little joy in my position. I know that I am better than my world and my world knows it is better than me, and frankly this is not an enjoyable position for either party.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    lolien said:

I'm a civil engineer in the infrastructure area, mostly i work with roads. I very much like my work, but sadly or not, i like even more playing, so i spend much time with my children, and with playing or reading fantasy (ahem, or for some time now on a certain fantasy gaming forum). I have bad feeling sometimes, when i don't work hard enough because fantasy, but i never can spend too much time with my kids.

It's good to see, when someone share something from his/her RL self, i like to learn things from the people around here. And it's nice to see the diversity of the community.

My point exactly, it really good to see so many good people share about there real life self here, as I said before I like hearing about other people life stories.

As for spending time with your kids that the best thing one can do, and of course enjoying the thing you like is very important as well as working ;)

Interesting fact about nurses: pretty much every year during polling they rank at the top as the "most trusted" and "most ethical" professionals in America http://campaignforaction.org/community-post/2013-gallup-poll-nursing-most-trustworthy-profession

People seem to love nurses and for good reason. Every nurse I've met is kind and caring. In medicine we are trained to be dispassionate, but nurses give things for patients that doctors and physician assistants can't. My girlfriend's mother is a nurse, and she fits this profile (total sweetheart). So I'm happy @kaguana‌ and @Dungeonnoob‌ have chosen this great profession.

I'm sorry to say it about my colleagues but I know a lot of nurses and people that learn with me to be one that aren't fit for this job and that aren't nice, kind or caring at all, but because there is lack of nurses all over the world every one can learn it.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    @kaguana The only thing that disturbs me being under the care of a nurse is that they have the right to open vascular access :) I can not keep my eyes away from the medical item that can wilt my body from my blood.

I was under a little but , a stress as many people could have been under , to be a doctor in future by people around me. I just don't think medical profession is sound , and my body has to have a regeneration aspect in terms of damage if any. Medical science is always like a last fuse to me , and a dangerous one , because I not know of any drugs that have no side effects.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i teach children so i'm trying to do my part in making the world a better place, you know..
    kaguana said:

I'm sorry to say it about my colleagues but I know a lot of nurses and people that learn with me to be one that aren't fit for this job and that aren't nice, kind or caring at all, but because there is lack of nurses all over the world every one can learn it.

i know a lot of nurses (gays amirite) and most of them are assholes to be honest
    @simples‌ As I said a lot of nurses just don't pit to be nurses but we aren't living in a perfect world, where anyone do what fit to him best.

Im a kindergarten teacher (bachelor), have a master's in pedagogy and hopefully starting up my phd very soon.

i might start school again at university to study that.. just not sure if i have time to :(

@isandir
    What city is that?

Bankog, I think. isandir says he's lived all over the place.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @old_jolly2‌

I just don't think medical profession is sound , and my body has to have a regeneration aspect in terms of damage if any.

How is it not sound? Also, I don't see how the pracitce of medicine does anything to your body's ability to heal or regenerate other than aid the process.

Medical science is always like a last fuse to me , and a dangerous one , because I not know of any drugs that have no side effects.

Well first of all medicine is far more than just drugs. Also, generally speaking, if you take drugs under a prescription the side effects are almost always worth the trade-off of getting better. You say it is "dangerous", but its far more dangerous to forego medical treatment when you have serious illness (or even minor ailments in many cases).

Could you elaborate on why you think it is not sound?
    @BelgarathMTH‌ hey cool, viola! You don't see many of those. Also you are the first viola I have meant who bares any hint or semblance of sanity remaining in his person. Kudos.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    edited August 2014

@old_jolly2‌

I just don't think medical profession is sound , and my body has to have a regeneration aspect in terms of damage if any.

How is it not sound? Also, I don't see how the pracitce of medicine does anything to your body's ability to heal or regenerate other than aid the process.

Medical science is always like a last fuse to me , and a dangerous one , because I not know of any drugs that have no side effects.

Well first of all medicine is far more than just drugs. Also, generally speaking, if you take drugs under a prescription the side effects are almost always worth the trade-off of getting better. You say it is "dangerous", but its far more dangerous to forego medical treatment when you have serious illness (or even minor ailments in many cases).

Could you elaborate on why you think it is not sound?
    Dear booinyoureyes , I think medical science is actually a misleading stand , for as many people find it to lean on it continuing their lives. I'm not interested in what they call historical science either , but take a good look at what they present to you : back at the time where this science was crawling compared to today , the number of hardened people it seems are much higher than today. You can blame it in the fact that our countries and the countries all over the world are not in a 'great' war , but I do bet that if they did , people , today , will fall like leaves. I have a reasonable motive that all 'medical problems' arise from the health of the mind , and all that is now what medical scientists are fooling people , especially those who are in dire need , maybe not your favorite doctors , but some to many are playing with their hopes. This is a fight that we are totally all alone , and we have to find the way by ourselves. As later back in the day it seems that plants rawly used for treatment , today the picture is about the same as it is , that is why I see this profession as a last fuse , but only that.

You have to get to a place of vantage for mind that this world should give us what we need , without us further complicating the work for ourselves. Now who can say to me that the cure for the flu has been totally found with %100 efficiency ? That is what I'm talking about. It is all about theories. What I see , is just solving some simple problems in our lives should give us health.

Now , for the people who are stranded badly by means of health , well I can do nothing for them , but it is imperative that should be known that no one also can do nothing for them , by means of salvation. That is what freedom is. He or she must do it alone. I guess you heard about cancer patients beating the disease by their own , with positive thinking ? I'm not speaking big , but it just points out the truth that is MUCH MORE relieving to me , than to hand my freedom to hands of people I could not possibly trust.