Skip to content

What do you do in your life?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I think most everyone in the forum knows I'm a lawyer.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited August 2014
    mlnevese said:

I think most everyone in the forum knows I'm a lawyer.

I certainly didn't. Actually, I hardly know anything about you. You have alway seemed, to me, @mlnevese‌, as someone who keeps to himself.
    mlnevese said:

@meagloth‌ It's the martian way of life ;)

That makes sense.
    edited August 2014
    mlnevese said:

@meagloth‌ I'm not that closed... When my wife had a stroke I shared details in my status. I have participated in thread for sadness, etc... i just avoid giving too many details. Crazy stalkers are out there :)

I see. I must have missed most of it, I guess. It just seemed like there was some stuff I didn't know... How to pronounce your name, for example.
    ...or remember how to spell it in order to tag you:)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Yay another nice person in my filed

@kiwidoc‌ you are right in many thing the nurses job today is so diversity one can find his place in any one of them and one can change places if one get bored and so on.

Yes medicine help a lot but it not a cure it treat the symptoms or if you do a surgery it help in one way but hurt in another there is a lot of way to look on it but the question is in the end if it worth it, if the advantage are more then the disadvantages, in every case it different.
    Sometimes the medicine hold a person life in a state of none life and for that I don't agree there are times when there a need to just let go, sometimes the medicine hold a person life but it not giving him any quality of life and there is a question here if it worth it.

@booinyoureyes go and study and have fun it worth it, listen to kiwidoc, me I have a mixed feeling about the medicine as it is now, but I respects what it can do.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    @kiwidoc I found out recently that engaging in an argument over the internet with somebody is not productive at all. One should see each other's eyes , be in the same place , as for me I use gestures too , to clarify myself. Explaining yourself is very lame , as if you are humiliated by not making it clarified , and defending yourself like you are a criminal. But this happens here I guess. And for the sake of fun , I will continue if you also wish to join.

Well , kiwidoc , for those to be 'justifying' facts , you have to justify the fact of having a baby. I don't care if somebody would live if I'm dying , how can I witness more that one is grateful even if he or she is ? A seat more higher more at the back can prove the reason for this , just take a look from there and see the image... I'm alone and only , as anyone are. That thing you said would only fail a person if he or she had a baby. Well that is not me , and I will never make that mistake. These are my opinions of course.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Isandir said:

@isandir
    What city is that?

Im a kindergarten teacher (bachelor), have a master's in pedagogy and hopefully starting up my phd very soon.

As @meagloth‌ said (as he seems to remember virtually everything on these forums!), I live in Bangkok and have been here since 2008. Prior to that I was living in Korea. Other than Asia, I've only lived in the US and briefly in the UK, but have had the opportunity to travel to many more countries.

Good luck with the Ph.D. I'd like to begin mine soon, but I'm still paying off my last master's degree, and my wife is now pursuing hers as well. Tight budget for a while... :|
    Thanks! Hoping for a letter soon :)
    But I am curious about why Bangkok is so great? I am curious because I dont know much about the city and it is refreshing when people call a city they live in the best in the world, inspirational maybe :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    kiwidoc said:

@booinyoureyes go for it, and best of luck. I know how bloody hard med school is - i didn't get to be a young adult, just a bloody med student who didn't have time to have any fun. After I'd finished then I discovered RPGs - even working a 100 hour week on average, I still had time to kill loads of dragons! btw don't worry about people who think modern medicine is rubbish - I've saved numerous people's lives, and given many many more a major improvement in their lives using modern medicine. Hell, it's saved mylife five times and counting!

@kiwidoc‌ thanks for the kind words, and I agree wholeheartedly with your take. For some reason I missed your post entirely earlier, so sorry for the late response.

Its wonderful to hear that you had time to play RPGs. I am horrified of residency tbh.

Also your take on nursing is very interesting. As soon as I finish this coming trimester (omg, I start in a week I will go nuts) I am going to take Step One (1st part of licensing exam in the States). After I'm actually gonna sit down with my parents and my girlfriend to see if I want to maybe switch to Physician Assistant school. I'm kinda dissatisfied with medicine right now, and taking forever to finish. I took the last trimester off to think things through. I'm scared of not getting matched since I am going to be an US International Graduate, so I may not want to spend two and half more years on something that may not be a sure thing.

eh, one step at a time