Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

1181920212224»

Comments

• Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    Pre-ordered downloaded, party made, ready for my next day off work. cant wait :D!!!
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Can't believe I've spent another night trying to download the final 3% of the game. Fix up your servers Beamdog.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Pekingduckman‌ Did you try to pause the download and continue ? did you try the fix button on the upper left of the launcer??
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Great Job Beamdog! I've powered through the character creation and caused a bit of trouble in Easthaven and im loving the variation the kits create.

IWD benifets from repeat plays with different party set ups but with the old kits that could get stale after even 1 playthrough. No chance now! Its also running really smooth loving the UI.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited November 2014
    CamDawg said:

sunset00 said:

AND AN EXCELLENT (first) SURPRISE FOR ME:
    the dudes seem to have AT LAST fuck**g understood that the 'Free Will' spell/items was/were NOT made to f**ck the haste/speed things too, apparently (at damn last! ... there was always one here to lecture and pretend that was not the right thing, lol..yeah, sure..^^) :

Since this thread will probably get more eyeballs, I'll just quote my response from the other thread.
    CamDawg said:

This is not a bug on either side.
    IWD used the friendlier, PnP style of free action that allowed creatures under the effects of free action to allow spells and items to affect them, e.g. you can wear a ring of free action to prevent being held while still hasting yourself. IWDEE follows this convention.
    BG/BG2 used the unfriendlier free action which simply blocks all movement changes. BGEE and BGIIEE follow this convention.
    Yes, they're different; yes, this is intended; no, there's no plan to make them work the same in all games.

Ahh ! Interesting but disappointing a little too ; means the codes (and global coherence passing from 1 game to another) will not be compatible so.. damn it! ^^
    OK.. i will keep my patches for that then.. in BG1EE/BG2EE.. pity pity.. but at least i am sure that is ok & coherent with my patches for that (as for me)... k, thx all the same .. )

PS: i had NOt the time to really play extensively on IWD so far.. not time at all even (apart around the first town) ) ^ ...so no way to really be sure for high level spells things and tools/etc.. but i already noticed some nice other corrections (that i hope WILL be passed into the next BG2EE patch, those ones^^ .. a few less patches for me too in my override overcrowded BG1/2EE folders now..^^) :
    1. your implementation of Bard Blades Offensive Spin is already better ; incorporates that free will thing too.. not bugging it down completely like in the current EEs (nor the DS).. always not sure for the rest -behaviors with (higher levels) speed improvement things, like it was more logical in the original BG2..- , but already a better feeling too in that IWG implementation so far.
    2. you corrected at last the throwing axes/daggers +STR bonuses in the THAC0 (+DEx + STR was too much^).. was annoying too.. [Edited: on the other hand, i just checked the very last version of the EXCELLENT DLTCEP; 7.7j : they JUST incorporated too the good codes modifiers -was impossible before that version!.. why i gave up too.. for that too.. ^ ,( - to be able to manually correct that in BG1/2EE if wanted for the rules/coherence sake again!..^ - though lots of work to correct all the throwing axes manually for ex.. but at least possible now lol :/ - ; so that is also possible to do it alone in BG1/2EE so.. thx to DLTCEP 77j developper(s) at least.. allow to try to fix things before the patches at least)) ].

etc ..
    hope you corrected many other things i could not check so far so.. like slow spell correct modifiers (and remover by speeds), vocalize, weird potions times and descriptions (ex oil of speed was especially wrong..), luck, spirit armor, etc etc.. )

anyway, so far so good.. good first impression. will see later the rest as for me.. hoping that felling will stay ^ )