Skip to content

Will IWD:EE soundsets be importable into the BG:EEs?

Now that IWD's content is being formatted for the EE engines, does that mean that IWD's soundsets could be imported into the BG:EEs (along with the corresponding text lines)? I think nearly everyone will agree that IWD had a fantastic selection of soundsets.

Comments

• PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Completely agree. I hope this will be doable.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Yes and no.
    You could always use IWD's sound sets in BG by placing them with the appropriate naming scheme in the Sounds folder, but IWD actually has more sound slots than BG, so you'll have to leave some out.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Well, I once did a port of the German soundsets from IWD to BG and vice versa.
    I would make the English ones as well, but I only have IWD (2) in German.
    But yeah, if no one is quicker than me, I will port the soundssets as soon as IWD:EE is only my table UvU
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I believe there's a program the converts all that stuff for you out there. I no longer remember what's it called but you could possibly use that. I'm not sure if it will be compatible with EE, but maybe someone with modding skills will be able to work that out.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I would check for copyright infringement before doing that. You may wish to PM Dee before posting this kind of mod in the forums.