Skip to content

Holy cow, Xan is a psychotic pervert!!!

So I'm currently playing BG1 with my barbarian Alandra, pictured below.

While I know that her appearance is surprisingly alluring for a barbarian, I never expected the sort of reaction that she received from Xan.

Before confronting Mulahey at the bottom of the Nashkel mines, Alandra rescued Xan. Moments later, he interrupted the interrogation of Mulahey to bemoan something about his supposed "friendship" with Alandra.

Alandra tried to placate Xan by assuring him that they could continue to be friends, but he seemed to indicate that he wanted something more than just "friendship."

Alandra apparently could not hide her discomfort at the situation - and Xan was quick to comment on that as well.

It was at this point that Xan outright professed his love for Alandra - despite having just met her only moments before!

Then one of the other party members interjected and tried to explain to Xan just how absurd he was behaving. Then Xan, perhaps realizing just how unconformable he had made Alandra, decided to leave the party and disappeared into the night - taking with him all the equipment that he had just been stocked with.

Oh yeah, and leaving us to deal with his captor by ourselves.

Don't worry Xan, we've got this!

I suppose a charname who goes dungeon crawling in a chainmail bikini should get used to this sort of reaction...

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I assume this is BGnpc project? Yes, it must be.
    He does seem a bit forward.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    You have no idea how long he was locked up there, with only smelly kobolds and pokey skeletons to cuddle... the troubles he's known, the horrors he's seen!

He'd settle for anything without a tail or visible tail bone, imagine meeting your pc!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    DreadKhan said:

You have no idea how long he was locked up there, with only smelly kobolds and pokey skeletons to cuddle...

Meh, it was only 85 days according to him, and I doubt he was "cuddling" anything much more attractive than those things even before then.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

DreadKhan said:

You have no idea how long he was locked up there, with only smelly kobolds and pokey skeletons to cuddle...

Meh, it was only 85 days according to him, and I doubt he was "cuddling" anything much more attractive than those things even before then.
    You have noticed Xan is not very well adjusted to begin with, right? Also, you noted his totally sick charisma score and high intelligence? Cuz buddy was probably swarmed by elfbabes.

Ever wonder why he's really so depressed? He knows how much sweet elf on elf cuddling he's missing out on.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Must be a bug of sorts. A romance dialogue triggered erronously, methinks. The effect is funny, though. :-)
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    99 problems but a Xan aint one
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I would've gut him like a fish. But being emo he would probably like it.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Xan is so cool, he don't even care if you're fighting the guy who captured him.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,733
    So Xan-ish! Your quest is vain!