Skip to content

[Known] Spider Queen combat bug?

FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Gate70 said:

Characters with Thief Ranged script should not act as though something hostile is in the centre of Centeols lair

1. Load the attached save.
2. Enter Centeols lair and conclude dialogue with her (3 >4).
3. Kill all the enemies (CTRL/Y).
4. Select Imoen and move her to the centre of the lair.
5. Switch AI on (A) if not already enabled.

*Observed*
Imoen will move away from the centre of the room and her weapon (arrows) will appear on her portrait.

*Expected*
Imoen should not act as if further enemies are present.

*Note*
Afterthought: This might be linked to the Cursed Berserking sword issue in this area, AR2101
& changing her animation from Static_Spider_Woman see the script behave, so something to do with that.

http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/maps/cloakwood2.gif
Enter the Spider Nest, kill everything, observe that characters using the Thief Ranged script will automatically back away from the center of the room as though there is still an enemy present to fight. This was also experienced under v1.2 several months ago.

I forget if combat music continued to play or if it returned to regular music for the area (Does the area even HAVE non-combat music?).

Edit: Wrong forum section, I meant to post this in the BG 1: EE Bugs section.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited September 2014
    There's something about the animation that it prevents any character from walking over it when it is dead. I wonder if this is the same when you kill Sarevok in BG2, and if that has anything to do with it?

Edit: and moved. :-)
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Well if you set Imoen to use the Thief Ranged script, equip her with a useable Bow and move her to the center of the room, she will automatically (after a short moment) run to the outskirts of the room by herself. Can easily repeat as often as you want without reloading, she seems afraid of the center :P (Or trying to get to a safe distance from a non-existent enemy in order to snipe them)