Skip to content

Way to revert back from this patch?

No longer being able to steal from Drizzt has ruined a number of aspects of the game and routes that I do for different runs. If I had known this new patch caused this I would have never installed the update. Is there any way to go back to 1.2? As it stands there is zero reason for me to have the game installed in its current state. Is there any old version download links? Or a tool to do this?

Comments

• GSMGSM Member Posts: 34
    I feel sorry for your loss.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    You have my condolences. There is no way to revert back to a previous version. Such are the joys of digital distribution.
  • mahe4mahe4 Member Posts: 60
    edited September 2014
    maybe a mod would help?
    this mod makes the scimitars pickpocketable again from drizzt.

just unpack it in your override folder and enjoy pickpocketing drizzt again :D

EDIT: the better version is in a later post!
    Post edited by mahe4 on
  • FalexxFalexx Member Posts: 5
    Thanks,I guess the mod will make it possible to revisit for fun, but it will not longer be legit. Wanted to get my glitchless speedrun to 55 mins with Blade, can't happen now. What a stupid "fix".
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    That's one of the reasons why I haven't even updated to 1.2 yet. I still have a game I'd like to finish before updating.
  • FalexxFalexx Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    I was looking at the patch notes in the loader and saw the last one said November 2013. Thought that maybe the file needed a repair since I haven't played it much on this computer. Was pretty disappointing for my stream viewers when the game called me a lowly cut purse who could not steal. Don't understand why something like this needed a patch.
    Falexx said:

Thanks,I guess the mod will make it possible to revisit for fun, but it will not longer be legit. Wanted to get my glitchless speedrun to 55 mins with Blade, can't happen now. What a stupid "fix".

i know exactly what you mean...
    all mods i use, are combat scripts to minimize micro managment...
    everything else just doesn't feel legit
    i just made the mod for this post here
    (my first mod btw, so if something is wrong, please tell me)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    So hard to find decent patch nowadays
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The fix was necessary because pick-pocketing him caused problems elsewhere, and also caused issues with his animation. Pick-pocketing Drizzt's scimitars was never part of the original design, and fixing it allowed us to eliminate other bugs with that encounter.

That being said, you can fairly easily mod Drizzt back to his original (broken) state using the files that @mahe4‌ attached above.
    Dee said:

The fix was necessary because pick-pocketing him caused problems elsewhere, and also caused issues with his animation. Pick-pocketing Drizzt's scimitars was never part of the original design, and fixing it allowed us to eliminate other bugs with that encounter.

That being said, you can fairly easily mod Drizzt back to his original (broken) state using the files that @mahe4‌ attached above.

that is interesting
    what is broken the way i modded it?
    i would actually like to know that :)
    I only mean broken in the sense that it restores the broken behavior; I haven't tried it out to see how it works.
    Dee said:

I only mean broken in the sense that it restores the broken behavior; I haven't tried it out to see how it works.

yeah i don't know what the broken behaviour was, thats why i'm asking :)
    and i modded it so that drizzt now has his scimitars in his hands and another pair in his inventory
    but the ones in his hands can't drop.
    mahe4 said:

Dee said:

and i modded it so that drizzt now has his scimitars in his hands and another pair in his inventory
    That sounds like an excellent compromise for your mod to make. Though being in his general inventory means that they only require a 10 Pickpocket score to steal (refer to PICKPOCKET.2da for other values).
    Dee said:

mahe4 said:

Dee said:

That sounds like an excellent compromise for your mod to make. Though being in his general inventory means that they only require a 10 Pickpocket score to steal (refer to PICKPOCKET.2da for other values).
    damn i didn't think about that...
    is it possible to change the pickpocket value for individual npc's?
    No, but you can put the swords into his other weapon slots and just not have them equipped. That will require a 95 Pickpocket score to steal.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Pick pocketing a higher level elf ranger doesn't seem plausible to me...
    Dee said:

No, but you can put the swords into his other weapon slots and just not have them equipped. That will require a 95 Pickpocket score to steal.

how can i select which weapon he has equipped?
    with "weapon slot selected"?
    and if yes, is it starting with 0 or is it 1 for weapon 1?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Depends on what you are using I suppose. I use Near Infinity which makes it pretty easy in my opinion though there may be other things out there that make it even easier.

In Drizzt's case if you check the edit section of drizzt.cre it says that Item #5 is Icingdeath and Item #6 is Twinkle. So all you need to do to give him additional versions of those items is to scroll down a bit more and under "weapon 2" put in 5 and under "weapon 3" put in 6. You may want to do it a bit differently if you don't want to have all these weapons droppable, but the basic idea is this.
    edited September 2014
    elminster said:

Depends on what you are using I suppose. I use Near Infinity which makes it pretty easy in my opinion though there may be other things out there that make it even easier.

In Drizzt's case if you check the edit section of drizzt.cre it says that Item #5 is Icingdeath and Item #6 is Twinkle. So all you need to do to give him additional versions of those items is to scroll down a bit more and under "weapon 2" put in 5 and under "weapon 3" put in 6. You may want to do it a bit differently if you don't want to have all these weapons droppable, but the basic idea is this.

ok so every npc automatically uses weapon 1?

this is the new version with the scimitars in weaponslot "weapon 2" and "weapon 3"
    the two in slot 2 and 3 are not droppable but pickpocketable.
    the ones in slot 1 and slot offhand are not pickpocketable in the new patch, but they drop.

EDIT: well that is idiotic, that way you could get 2 pairs of the scimitars
    edited September 2014
    so again (sorry for the double post)
    now the weapon in slot 1 and in offhand aren't pickpocketable through the new patch, and they don't drop.
    the same scimitars in slot 2 and 3 are now pickpockatable and they drop if you kill him.