Skip to content

Post Your Favorite Icewind Dale Avatars

So many great ones already in the game, so many more online! Share your favorites here.

Bonus points for having ice or winter cloaks!!

Comments

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    edited September 2014
    The blonde with the short, strait hair was always a favorite of mine.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Solid choices! I might go through the baldurs gate avatar thread tonight to find some crossovers :)
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Picking a favorite is too hard for me to do. The artwork for the portraits is just stellar across the board.
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    I don't any picture can top this one in my opinion.
    IWD2.PNG 140.1K
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2014
    @bengoshi Hahahaha dat honesty though. That picture is admittedly growing on me lol
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    She's always been Madae of the Chimaera in my eyes.

I'm trying to find a favourite portrait, but I honestly like most of them a lot. There is so much personality in every portrait...
  • TolbenTolben Member Posts: 26
    I've always assumed that it was Madae and Isair, and before I saw them in game, I also thought that is what they would look like. If that picture is supposed to be Isair and Madae, then their actual models look vastly different. At the very least, they do look like tieflings/cambions in that picture.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    The main icon for IWD2 most definitely contains Isair and Madae.

IWD2 is all Mother Egenia's fault. If only she had raised the twins in the village of Kuldahar rather than in seclusion things might have turned out differently.
  • TolbenTolben Member Posts: 26

The main icon for IWD2 most definitely contains Isair and Madae.

IWD2 is all Mother Egenia's fault. If only she had raised the twins in the village of Kuldahar rather than in seclusion things might have turned out differently.

She had to raise them in seclusion since they were Cambions. I'm pretty sure she mentions that she knew the village would have hated them outright because of their demonic heritage/the damage their father caused. After all, Belhifet did kill Arundel, so I highly doubt the people of Kuldahar would be totally cool with his kids running around the village.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Sure, some of them would have hated the twins but I think eventually everyone would have warmed to them at least enough that things wouldn't have turned out like they did. *shrug* Water under the bridge and all that jazz....
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

I really do love those three character artworks created by the Polish artist Rafal Hrynkiewicz.
    And while all of them fit into the Icewind Dale setting perfectly, my personaly favourite still is the orc huntress. You rarely find such bestial, yet highly intelligent orcish characters.
    LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE!!!!!
    Pardon my excessive exclamation points but These are awesome.
    And @BelgarathMTH‌ it's not a crossbow in the fist one, it's a compost longbow. See she's holding the string? And there's steel on on the arm, so composite. That's why they require 18 str:)

Another good find!
    edited September 2014

I could make a Blackguard in the snow :) (I'm not faerun racist just lumping the dark skins together)
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Either the Female with the longsword and shield, resting on opposite feet or the female with the Sword and Buckler, with a whip on her belt against the frigid lake behind her.

(Getting ready to go into work so i can't post them due to time constraints)
    I think your Christmas avy is fine @dragonspear!
    Barbarian, tall dwarven defender, fighter? Take your pick.