Skip to content

Post Your Favorite Icewind Dale Avatars

13»

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited September 2014
    I was just wondering, what portraits do people normally pick for an IWD bard, nothing immediately suggests itself to me, though I always have one.

For a male I choose the greeny browny orangy wizardy guy with a goatee.
    For a female I choose the portrait that I know as "Boob Lady" ( also give her the "seductive" HoW soundset.. I think, there is something wrong with me. (also, all the party gold goes on nice things for her (I DO have a girlfriend (not her though..))))

I'm going to assume these descriptions are easy to understand.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

I was just wondering, what portraits do people normally pick for an IWD bard, nothing immediately suggests itself to me, though I always have one.

Here's my favourite bardic specimen:

Beard check. Warpaint check. War drums check. Ho, this portrait leaves no wishes of mine unfullfilled!
    Well, other than the lack of slime... but one can't have everything.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    There is a girl on a wall with a flute. Probably one of the HoW portraits.
    Two portraits I never choose! I guess it is more that I only pick the ones I like, rather than that there aren't any appropriate ones ;)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2014
    Jarrakul said:

I'm personally much more a fan of the IWD portraits, both in terms of art style and the cut of the shots. I like the "big portrait is whole body, small portrait is headshot" dynamic. This is pretty clearly subjective, though, so I can't judge for disagreeing with me. It's a good thing custom portraits are so easy, so we can each use the styles we want.

I prefer the BG1 style. However I totally agree with your statement on the cut of the shots. Imagine having both for BG1? NERDGASM! Sorry.

@bengoshi Is that half-orc portrait in the game? I don't remember it.
    Fardragon said:

There is a girl on a wall with a flute. Probably one of the HoW portraits.

You mean there is @jackjack‌

For a female I choose the portrait that I know as "Boob Lady" ( also give her the "seductive" HoW soundset.. I think, there is something wrong with me. (also, all the party gold goes on nice things for her (I DO have a girlfriend (not her though..))))

Hahahaha wow I lol'd reading this. What a roller coaster of a post.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Ya I definitely go with our lady of the flute myself. I'm going to post my pics in here soon(tm blizzard 2004)
    I wasn't even making it up ;(
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Quartz said:

@bengoshi Is that half-orc portrait in the game? I don't remember it.

@Quartz‌ It's a portrait from IWD2

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gsn24bgwwu0gyqw/AAC8ZBYKxkJk2iJeQedbLcRma/Portraits (IchigoRXC)/IWD2 (iCHIGOrxc)?dl=0

I hope there will be portraits from IWD2 in IWD:EE too:)
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    My favorite from the IWD series. I like to make him a paladin and give him Pale Justice.

Probably going to be my new leader once IWD:EE comes out.

And my second in command =)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited September 2014

Here's my favourite bardic specimen:

That is hitting on all cylinders.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Not gonna lie, I want to post them, but where is everyone getting their pics from?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Not gonna lie, I want to post them, but where is everyone getting their pics from?

I get mine custom portraits either from the official sites of artist directly, or from deviantart. Great site that one! I also found my favourite badass Gnome portrait of all-time over there. (Yes, that dude is even more badass than Tiax.)

It doesn't have IWD's typical full body perspective, nor the rough art style. But damn, he's epic in every sense of the word! What do you think @Anduin?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029

If you're asking about the default in-game portraits, there was a thread a while back that included all of the default portraits in the first post, which I've found highly convenient.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34357/iwd-characters
    I googled iwd portraits
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Kamigoroshi‌ ... That is one Badass Gnome. One overpowered, but within the rules, illusionist / thief coming up...
  • Gulthias_AmarsonGulthias_Amarson Member Posts: 28
    Screw that noise. I see your Illusionist/thief and raise you a Illusionist/Cleric.

Lock down spell sequencers for everyone!
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    In IWD it's so cold that even all the paladins have beards.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

In IWD it's so cold that even all the paladins have beards.

The female dwarves, though...not so much.
    Wow that is a great find!! I might steal that one....
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

@smeagolheart‌ I have my sacrificial lamb NPC picture picked out now....thanks!
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    Hi, I wonder how I can extract the high resolution portraits like I saw here. I need some to try make action figures of my icewind dale characters. Sadly all those posted here are not the ones I need.

Thanks in advance.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited April 2017
    @Rique

You can extract all 59 official IWD:EE portraits from the game as 420x660 pixel .bmp files using NearInfinity.

That's not exactly high resolution, but for most of them it's the highest resolution that's publicly available.

For a few of the portraits, higher-resolution versions can be found online, e.g.
    • from the official IWD:EE press page,
    • or from the "artworks" bonus download when buying the game from GOG.com,
    • or on gaming news sites who apparently sometimes got additional hi-res art in their press packages that isn't on the public press page.
    Altogether I've found higher-resolution versions for 19 of them so far (some via this thread), and collected them on my Yandex drive.

That still leaves 40 portraits for which the 420x660 version included in the game is the highest resolution available.

Someone (Beamdog? WotC? Hasbro? Interplay? the artists?) surely still must have all the original artwork.
    I once asked a Beamdog representative if they had any additional hi-res ones they could share, and they said they could check, but then never got back to me. Either they don't have them, or they can't legally share them, or they don't want to... :)