Skip to content

Bag of holding empty?

Has anybody ever experienced his bag of holding, gem bags and scroll cases becoming empty after entering the planar sphere?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited September 2014
    Can't say that I have, but that's interesting.

Edit: will need to test. Testing has proven fruitless.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    Actually, my brother has repeatedly had items mysteriously go missing from his Bags of Holding throughout his playthrough... This is one of the bugs that I actually have no clue about as all my efforts to repro the bug have proven fruitless...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I don't know a way to repro it for whole bag-full at once.

However, @Tresset‌, for individual items to disappear, all you have to do is click-click-click too fast when you're retrieving a stack of items from the bag (or any container). Some will disappear from the bag, yet not make it into your inventory. It seems to be a random effect, but not especially rare, since it's happened to me several times. Now I try to be careful to click fairly slowly!
    edited September 2014
    @Gallowglass‌ My brother specifically mentioned unique items such as Angruvadal, the Rune Hammer and Gesen's bowstring disappearing from his bags. Could your suggested repro method make those items disappear? I am very interested in figuring out this bug (because my brother keeps pestering me about it).
    Yes, it's happened to me with unstackable items. It may (although I'm less sure about this) also require moving the mouse slightly, at the same time as click-click-clicking faster than the game can respond.

The explanation which occurred to me, from the "feel" of the way it happens, is that it could be some sort of buffer overflow for backlogged mouse commands. However, of course I've never seen the program code, so I don't know how the game processes UI commands.
    @Gallowglass‌ what kind of computer do you have? Is it like a crappy slow laptop kinda thing or is it a super speed desktop kinda thing? I can't seem to get this to happen for me...
    Yeah, recently I'm playing on my laptop, a few years old and not very fast kit.
    That may have something to do with it then. Not sure how to report such an issue though (mostly because I am not familiar with the new system yet), but if the new bug report system is anything like the old one then this is going to be tricky to report and get fixed.