Skip to content

Who is playing BGEE on iPhone 5/6s?

mdricheymdrichey Member Posts: 6
Is there anyone playing on an iPhone 5s specifically, who can tell me how well it plays? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
spacejaws

Comments

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Me! Iphone 5 and well its not as good as my laptop but still to be able to whip it out at a bustop and play a lil bit without major issues is a godsend!
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Yep it's definitely playable if not ideal. It's great if you don't have something else handy or convenient to play it on. Just don't minimize the side bars or you'll have to restart. I hope they implement some cloud save sharing option soon. It's a little clunky having to transfer saves via computer, but that's a small hassle. Probably wouldn't recommend it as your primary way of playing the game.
    elminsterlolien
  • CladdanCladdan Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2014
    Been plaing for a while, my biggest issue is the sidebars not coming up if you accidentally switch them off. But it runs just fine otherwise
    Edit: Some people say the siedebard will pop back up if you restart the app but that never works for me.. Am I doing something wrong?
    meagloth
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Claddan said:

Been plaing for a while, my biggest issue is the sidebars not coming up if you accidentally switch them off. But it runs just fine otherwise
    Edit: Some people say the siedebard will pop back up if you restart the app but that never works for me.. Am I doing something wrong?

Mine isn't coming back either:/
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Is losing the sidebars possibly an issue of not touching the right spot? If you were to use a stylus, would it work?

I tried it on a 4s and didn't like it much.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Heh I have the dissapearing sidebars issue on Ipad2, too. Once you click to minimize the bars, they won't come back in that game. You should load a save or start a new game. Or, transfer your save game to pc version of the bg:ee game via ifunbox, load the game on pc and fix the sidebars there mormally, save your game, and transfer the fixed sidebars save game back to Ipad/phone via ifunbox. Rather tedious, really.
    meaglothCrevsDaak
  • mdricheymdrichey Member Posts: 6
    Thanks all, think I'll stick with PC version for now.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The better workaround is to use the zoom function built into the phone so you can press the unhide button. Still tedious, and I'm still waiting on a fix.
    JuliusBorisovPibaro
  • CladdanCladdan Member Posts: 19
    jackjack said:

The better workaround is to use the zoom function built into the phone so you can press the unhide button. Still tedious, and I'm still waiting on a fix.

Could you please elaborate on how to do this? :O
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited September 2014
    Settings - general - accessibility - enable zoom.
    Now if you double tap three finger you will zoom, and you can drag three fingers to move around and zoom where you have the unhide button and finally press it.
    Post edited by Pibaro on
    jackjack
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I find the zoom really useful in stores inventory screens, too. Since I started using that feature the game is a lot more playable and enjoyable.
    Pibarojackjack
    Just wondering if the 5.5" screen is big enough.
    You can play it with an iPhone 4 and, thanks to the accessiblity-zoom three fingers double tap, you won't have big issues, so you can definitely play it with the 5.5" screen, but nope, it's not big enough to fully enjoy BGEE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I've merged the threads because they're nearly identical.

On a side note, this is the first time I've merged threads :)
    Pibaromlneveselolienjackjack
    @bengoshi‌
    Well done, nice merge :)
    JuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @lolien @bengoshi needs a badge for first thread merge :)
    lolienPibarojackjackJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The moment we start having badges for the first thread merge, we start getting badges for spambots banned, I say!

5 spambots banned - Dispel Spam-illusion
    50 spambots banned - True Spamseeing
    500 spambots banned - Glasses of Spam-indefication
    5000 spambots banned - Devour Spambots
    50 000 spambots banned - Chuck Norris
    lolienmlnevesejackjack
    Sorry y'all. I started a new thread because the OP was talking about the 5S, with. 4" screen. I was asking about the 6+, with a 5.5" screen.

Big difference, IMHO.