Skip to content

Pale Master Kit for Sorcerers (1.4.5)

Comments

• valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    I tested the kit a bit with the console, to make sure everything works before I start a real playthrough. (BG1ee)

I noticed I wasn't getting extra AC at level 7 and 13.

Looked it up in EE keeper. Leveling to 7 adds a new 'AC vs. Damage' entry (like the one that works at level 1) under effects, BUT the parameter for the extra one is set to 0 instead of 1. Same deal once you hit 13.

End result, unless you edit it manually, Bone Skin always only give -1AC, the two upgrades arent working.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    valamyr said:

I tested the kit a bit with the console, to make sure everything works before I start a real playthrough. (BG1ee)

Looked it up in EE keeper. Leveling to 7 adds a new 'AC vs. Damage' entry (like the one that works at level 1) under effects, BUT the parameter for the extra one is set to 0 instead of 1. Same deal once you hit 13.

End result, unless you edit it manually, Bone Skin always only give -1AC, the two upgrades arent working.

Paging @bfons86... ;)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Geez, I didn't even realize people were building on the bare-bones (pun intended) barely-working mod I made in like 2 hours last year. Props to whoever managed to make it usable.
    I also noticed that the descriptions for the Pale Master's special abilities (Animate Dead, Undead Graft) are blank, not sure how to fix that...
    valamyr said:

Strange... in my case I looked at the 2da and it simply doesn't apply the AC bonus again at levels 7 and 13 like it should. I tweaked the table and now the AC bonus is gained as intended.
    shawne said:

I also noticed that the descriptions for the Pale Master's special abilities (Animate Dead, Undead Graft) are blank, not sure how to fix that...

Could you elaborate? The abilities are displaying fine for me. As innate abilities, they shouldn't have readable descriptions.

Could you elaborate? The abilities are displaying fine for me. As innate abilities, they shouldn't have readable descriptions.

Ah, that would explain it - I thought right-clicking on innate abilities was supposed to bring up a text description...
    edited August 2015
    Ok, found a hilarious bug while testing the abilities. The skeleton abomination has no weapon (at least, if summoned in BG1, it uses some weird SW2H20 item that doesn't exist), thus making it useless and unable to kill anything. Gonna fix this right now.

Edit: Figured out what's wrong. When I created the creature initially, I gave it an undroppable 2h sword +3. Unfortunately, I didn't account for the fact that the item doesn't exist in BG1, thus spawning it unarmed. I doubt this matters since you shouldn't ever be using it in BG1, but it's there
    edited August 2015
    @Artemius_I: You, bfons86 and valamyr are like:

:)

The only 2H +3 I know of in BG1 is The World's Edge, the sword from Durlag's Tower - is that the weapon you meant?
    No, what actually happened was that I used BG2 resources to make the skeleton creature, and set the generic ToB two-handed sword +3 as its weapon. The +3 sword in BG1 uses the SW2H07 resource, which in BG2 is that annoying exploding Harbinger +3.
    Can confirm Bone Skin now working as designed. As for the lv15 Undead, its unlikely anyone can ever summon it in BG1 without serious cheats and uncapped XP while soloing, but yeah, might as well fix it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    valamyr said:

Can confirm Bone Skin now working as designed.

Where's the fixed version?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Off topic but
    Woah.
    @valamyr
    Our names are REALLY similar.
    Do you too, have an complete adoration and fascination with Necromancers?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    How about becoming a lich at level 20 per Dread Necromancer.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    billbisco said:

How about becoming a lich at level 20 per Dread Necromancer.

Ohhhhh. Hm. . . maybe I should get into the modding scene and create a Dread Necro kit. Give it the Necromancer spells from both the Cleric and Wizard (Excluding the healing ones).
    edited August 2015
    shawne said:

valamyr said:

Can confirm Bone Skin now working as designed.

Where's the fixed version?
    About 5 posts above yours, version 1.4.1 posted by Artemius. They fixed the table.
    Vallmyr said:

Off topic but
    Woah.
    @valamyr
    Our names are REALLY similar.
    Do you too, have an complete adoration and fascination with Necromancers?

Not Necromancers specifically, but it did mean (or is an acceptable written form of) 'vampire' in a long-dead eastern european dialect and I've used it on-and-off since I played a Giovanni (Vampire necromancers) in Vampire the Masquerade a couple decades ago. So basically, no, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if these two nicknames could trace their roots back to similar concepts and/or linguistics.
    Huh, you learn something new every day. In my case, I learned right-clicking on spells in the cast bar brings up a description. Was this an EE addition?

Spell descriptions are still showing, by the way.

Giving a kit the -1 spells/day opcode effect is asking for bugs with any items or effects that also change spells/day.

My personal solution is to reduce the spells/day for the entire class, and then give a *bonus* to all kits in that class, except the one you want to penalize.

Not perfect, but at least a bit closer to perfect...

Actually, it doesn't seem to be a problem so long as you only equip items that provide a flat bonus to spells. The only item between both games that doubles spell casts is the Evermemory and that breaks things.

Actually, it doesn't seem to be a problem so long as you only equip items that provide a flat bonus to spells. The only item between both games that doubles spell casts is the Evermemory and that breaks things.

How so? What happens if you equip it?
    It ignores the class penalty and doubles your spell casts as though you were a regular sorcerer so 2 becomes 6, 5 becomes 12, etc.

Reloading does cause you to lose any extra spell casts you have memorized though, which is fairly irritating.
    edited August 2015
    Does that happen with unmodded Dragon Disciples too? Just tested it, turns out that happens to unmodded Dragon Disciples too.

Maybe the solution is to create an override file for Evermemory that only gives a flat bonus? Drop it in as part of the mod files?

Reloading does cause you to lose any extra spell casts you have memorized though, which is fairly irritating.

Sorcerers don't memorize, though...? *confused*
    As in, I had 12/12 casts, reloaded, and it changed to 10/12. If I cast a spell then reload, it goes from 11/12 to 9/12.

I'm testing it more, and now weirder things are happening. Between reloading attempts, my spellcasts per day are now fluctuating between 12-14, despite the latter making no sense since even a regular sorcerer doesn't get that many spells. I think it's best for PMs to avoid this ring at all costs.
    @elminster, any thoughts/advice?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    It sounds familiar. I think I may have even experienced this myself when testing a mod. Not sure why you'd have 14 spells.
    Updated the main post to link to the latest version by @Artemius_I with the table fix.
  • bfons86bfons86 Member Posts: 26
    I am pleased to announce the release of version 1.4.2. I have taken the liberty of including the biography that @shawne had written earlier in this thread for BG:EE. I have also taken the liberty of including a fix to the Evermemory ring bug. I have overwritten the default ring to provide a flat +3 extra casts for 1st level spells. I actually haven't been active with bg:ee recently because I discovered the ring bug and it caused me to become to frustrated to play. The resting spell loss was so annoying. Thanks everyone for the continued support with this mod. One of my all time favorites.
  • AchaeanAchaean Member Posts: 9
    Hate to be a bother, but would you be willing to host the file on a server other than rackcdn? Github, perhaps?

Thanks!
    Achaean said:

Hate to be a bother, but would you be willing to host the file on a server other than rackcdn? Github, perhaps?

Thanks!

That request should probably go to @Artemius_I, bfons86 hasn't been around in ages...
    @Achaean Download the mod here: https://github.com/ArtemiusI/Pale-Master-Sorcerer-Kit/releases

@shawne If you'd be so kind as to put the link on the main page.
    @Artemius_I: Done, though you may want to take a look at the 1.4.2 update above...
    Yeah apologies, I only kept up with the mod to v1.4.1, I'll add the biography but I don't entirely agree with changing the ring. I'll post an update later.
This discussion has been closed.