Skip to content

Does anyone have an idea when this will release?

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    kaguana said:

@CoryNewb‌ I don't know, when is the Ramadan ?

I don't know :( december maybe?

But I better be able to gift IWD as a Chanukka present!
    Nimran
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited September 2014
    You celebrate the Ramadan or Hanukkah? can't do both lol it two different religious holidays
    Nimran
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    CoryNewb said:

What about Ramadan????

Ramadan is usually celebrated in late June 'till end July. Though the exact date differs from year to year.

I just hope that IWD:EE is ready for the Yuletide.
    PibarojackjackAnduin
    @Kamigoroshi‌ How do you know when is the Ramadan??

And Yuletide time is ok I guess most people have holiday so it good for them, for me? who knows
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited September 2014
    @kaguna
    As far as I know, the Ramadan for each year is set according to the Islamic lunar calendar. But since I'm no muslim, I can't tell you the details.
    PibarojackjackAnduin

@kaguna
    As far as I know, the Ramadan for each year is set according to the Islamic lunar calendar. But since I'm no muslim, I can't tell you the details.

Well yeah but if you say it around June - July it too far and no one want the release then ;)
    Kamigoroshi
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Kwanza was the one I was thinking of. I celebrate kwanza for sure.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I was hoping to see IWDEE "within the month" because my college hosts a school wide 48 hour LAN party but that's next weekend. I don't think I'll be seeing it yet.
    kaguanajackjackJuliusBorisovQuartz
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Dee said:

bengoshi said:

“An IWDEE is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it's meant to."

This is more or less accurate. When it's ready for release we'll release it, but we're not bound to a timeline for this game.
    I do appreciate taking the time to make it great. But do we have an EVA (Extremely Vague Estimate) of roughly what you're shooting for?

By this I mean is it nearly ready for beta testing, or you really just started working on it at the time of the announcment and could be up to a year away. Just trying to set my expectations realistically.
    Dee said:

Dee said:

bengoshi said:

“An IWDEE is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it's meant to."

This is more or less accurate. When it's ready for release we'll release it, but we're not bound to a timeline for this game.
    I do appreciate taking the time to make it great. But do we have an EVA (Extremely Vague Estimate) of roughly what you're shooting for?

By this I mean is it nearly ready for beta testing, or you really just started working on it at the time of the announcment and could be up to a year away. Just trying to set my expectations realistically.
    Very nearly ready for beta testing; we've had a number of alpha testers going through the game looking for issues for a while now; right now we're focusing on polishing the game's current build to get it ready for more people to see it. It's very close now.
    Yay great news, thank you @Dee :)

@LiamEsler‌ Don't you dare ruin it!
    JuliusBorisovAnduin
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Dee said:

Very nearly ready for beta testing; we've had a number of alpha testers going through the game looking for issues for a while now; right now we're focusing on polishing the game's current build to get it ready for more people to see it. It's very close now.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for the speedy reply. Heading over to the Beamdog site to put my preorder in immediately. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    When they announced bg2 it came out shortly after so I think we can expect the same.
    JuliusBorisovAnduin
  • TheRaven476TheRaven476 Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2014
    http://www.icewinddale.com/

Q: When will Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition release?

A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has entered beta and will release "when it's ready" to ensure the best experience for players, LIKELY WITHIN A MONTH.

Well we've pretty much at the "Within a month" date today considering it was posted August 31st. Was the post getting Metaphysical with the concept of time. Is it within a month of each time that line is perceived? Are we all responsible for pushing the date back by constantly reading that line............... Maybe it should be taken from the website.

Also I'm getting confused here. The official website said it was already in beta testing on August 31st, but someone in the forums is saying beta testing hasn't started.......... Who's lying to us here.........
    Adul
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Currently there is a closed beta. The open beta has not yet started.
    According to Dee the public beta is very close to being launched.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    And how is an NDA signed? I mean is it like accepting the terms of software during the installation or something else? Never did any remote signatures - that's why I ask. Out of sheer curiosity))
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    Ah, I've already signed my life away a couple of times, so the "pain shall only be passing". In case I'll qualify for beta, I will "survive the process".))))
    JuliusBorisovAdulArdul
    @Dee what happen to your blueish color ???
    Pibaro
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    @Dee‌ There is no auto-confirmation email that application has been received right?
    Hoo the blueish color return, Vanilla ??
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Pibaro said:

With blood, signed with blood. Dee always forget to mention this part!

With quill on parchment. Its very forgotten realms themed that way. :p
    NimranPibaroAnduinThe_New_Romance
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    elminster said:

Pibaro said:

Is it a feathered quill?
    Pibaro
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Nimran said:

elminster said:

Pibaro said:

Is it a feathered quill?
    Yes, it comes straight from the wings of an avariel.
    PibaroNimranKamigoroshiAdul
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Mine was definitely one of former Aerie's wings.
    elminsterNimranKamigoroshi
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited September 2014
    Dont worry, this wont be a "free beer tomorrow" or an iwee NEXT month scenario for too terribly long. It will come out "soon"