Skip to content

Does anyone have an idea when this will release?

I am just dying to start a game of IWD, because I have never acctually finished it (shame on me.) Does anyone have any hard info on when this will release, or does it all boil down to wild speculation?

I want to start my new party 10 minutes ago :P

Comments

• CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    Considering the game is not available for pre-purchase on steam, I would say they need at least one more month. However, we could be hopeful that the beta invites (if they even happen) will be plenty.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    I went and "created" my party setup (and have it saved in a text file) the same day that I heard about IWD:EE.

Lucky me remembers very little about it, so it will be kind of like a new game for me.

Then I saw they haven't even announced a release date for it.. It made me cry.

Guess I'll just have to enjoy some multiplayer BGEE-BG2EE while waiting for it, instead.
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    Elendar said:

Lucky me remembers very little about it, so it will be kind of like a new game for me.

Same boat, and I cantr wait.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2014
    I guess it will be on the second half of 2015.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Probably shortly after 1.3 is released for BG2.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    I've rested again since the second use of my Clairvoyance spell, so it is ready:

I bet IWD:EE will be released before Thursday, December 25, 2014.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    bengoshi said:

“An IWDEE is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it's meant to."

Nope. It should have come out last week.
    Elendar said:

Same boat, and I can't wait.

I never truly finished it. And with the BG kits arriving to IWD, im going to have soooo much fun.

It shouldve been released right when they announced it!
  • TheRaven476TheRaven476 Member Posts: 44
    When the announcement page was first put up the quote was "Likely within a month", but it's just about been a month now......

I was hoping it would be in that time frame but I guess it's anyone's guess at this point.
    edited September 2014
    Dee said:

bengoshi said:

“An IWDEE is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it's meant to."

This is more or less accurate. When it's ready for release we'll release it, but we're not bound to a timeline for this game.
    I can give you guys a timeline if you like! How about next weekend?

*sips beer*

*acctually F*ck that, beer isnt to be sipped*
  • melakonmelakon Member Posts: 26
    Shyn said:

Does anyone have any hard info on when this will release, or does it all boil down to wild speculation?

The first question in the FAQ on icewinddale.com is:

Q: When will Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition release?
    A: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has entered beta and will release "when it's ready" to ensure the best experience for players, likely within a month.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    What madness is this?
  • melakonmelakon Member Posts: 26
    ^^
    I'm assuming that's in regards to my post(s).
    Don't know what happened, I actually posted that yesterday but it refused to show up until now.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Uhm... yeah.

Just sit tight and wait for @elminster‌ to say the s word.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    melakon said:

^^
    I'm assuming that's in regards to my post(s).
    Don't know what happened, I actually posted that yesterday but it refused to show up until now.

Your post was posted 10x in a row. Apparently its a vanilla/forum issue at the moment.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    I would assume by the end of the year, based on... intuition? Ok I really don't know.
  • DauntDaunt Member Posts: 52
    So start your party with a fresh install of classic IWD while you wait!

I just chunked Malavon last night, justice for those gnomes was served :)
  • Gulthias_AmarsonGulthias_Amarson Member Posts: 28
    Well, semi-justice, at least.

Curse you, IWD2!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Daunt said:

So start your party with a fresh install of classic IWD while you wait!

I just chunked Malavon last night, justice for those gnomes was served :)

But but but but no kit in the classics :(
  • DauntDaunt Member Posts: 52
    @kaguana Beamdog has truly spoiled you.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    What about Ramadan????
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @CoryNewb‌ I don't know, when is the Ramadan ?