Skip to content

Dragon's Den: mage guard page 1 wip

1235»

Comments

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @chimaera
    Yea I have and I dont like it, there is a level of control I lose when using dip pens that I don't like.

Also hatching and cross hatching is quite popular in this day and age, I use it more than circular shading and blending because it's faster.

Also yes the lines are suppose to disappear while I'm painting, when painting you're switching from line to color and value which replaces the weight and details the lines represented. The problem Im in right now is I didn't thin out the pigment enough so my underpainting is more opique than it really should be at the stage it is. This means now when I start to go in and render it, it won't have the smooth strokeless stroke that I wanted to go for.
    So I decided to redraw it I stead of fix the painting, it's a little different but I'll try to paint again.

uq1bkecmf439.jpg
    Gusindas0ulafein
    Flat color wip
    4j5y6txpx35m.jpg
    5stsplowqagt.png
    ThacoBell
    Continued it today

tqnnsaezl8jy.jpg
    ThacoBellGusindaStummvonBordwehr
    wip
    qh9s4k8l6zzs.jpg
    ThacoBellGusinda
    edited January 2020
    so I've been putting this off, time to share some graphic designs and vector art. I won't post the style guide I worked on because thats like 20 pages of uploading!

this was one of the first things i did when i started graphic design diploma last year, the project was just to use 3 rectangles a few circles, and a few boxes to build 3 buildings and some trees. I kinda didn't follow the rules on what we were suppose to do, once I went into illustrator mode, I just cut loose with it.
    1jzuity4kk4b.jpg

the final project of my vector class... I really don't like it all that much...
    1bixs9wljreg.jpg
    9dce1tmtps8y.png

some stationary designs
    Business cards
    0jrn80g7erc4.png
    5ea6sckxwtrb.png

Envelope designs
    vbqf28yv5xnx.png
    r84hg44gemk6.png
    s2nxwdljka2q.png

Letterhead
    6bvobvmcl8c5.png
    sqi6i01enro0.png
    s9bjjdqgjnt9.png

stylescape
    pnvvexpq1cdy.jpg

MoodBoard
    cvt72uejf3c0.png

What I'm doing now:
    Friday I decided to start trying to do little 1-2 hour vector potion designs to try to get more graphics done quickly to build a small portfolio base.
    v9jjy0pmvouw.png

Logo I'm working on for a tax service
    mjrskhyv8db6.jpg
    ThacoBellGusindaStummvonBordwehr
    Well you guys are late to receiving this as the series of pieces has already started so allow me to present it still, a new year long fine art series I'm working on for a patron called Lost: A Mind in the Dark.

305n5jfadfr9.jpg

Lost: A Mind in the Dark

Synopsis: A year long by journey through the negative emotions of an artist plagued with depression.

Number of pieces: 12
    Medium: Charcoal

1. Reflection- An artist view of himself.

2. Isolation- feeling of emptiness and loneliness.

3. Worthlessness- the artist feelings of being a burden on everything and everyone he interacts with.

4. Hopelessness- the view that thins only getting worse and and any concept of improvement doesn't exist.

5. Self-defeat - Destroying ones self before the artist can even begin.

6. Fear - not knowing what comes next or even being able to adapt to it.

7. Helpless - the inability to grow, change, or improve the artist's life or outlook on life.

8. Lost self- the inability for the artist to find who they are or what they want anymore.

9. Loveless- inability to find someone who can share the artist's hopes, dreams, and nightmares with.

10. Closed off- years of emotionally and physically keeping family and friends at a distance.

11. Failure- inability to raise up and meet the standard set, inability to become the thing one's own parents view him as.

12. Tiredness- thoughts of suicide or vanishing off into the woods.

Pieces so far

Reflection:
    53l39azbfb7o.jpg

Isolation:
    l3xp80nos9ax.jpg

Next months will be worthlessness.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    I hope for a 13: “a glimmer of hope”. Just to conclude the circle at least.
    Page one of mage guard
    44kycmb3j2pd.jpg
    StummvonBordwehrSkatan
    Thought I posted this here... I started pencilling Denver I ran out of blue led.

dbpwp6onib0f.jpg