Skip to content

List of BG2EE Compatible Mods

Comments

• GreflechtinGreflechtin Member Posts: 6
    Problem solved, thanks you @ineth for NearInfinity, i didn't know this tool yet.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016
    Added:
    IWD Divine spells in BGEE, SoD and BG2EE thanks to Grammarsalad
    Kensai Kit Revision Mod NEW VERSION (v2.0) thanks to Greener
    Enchant the Missile Launchers (Ranged Weapon Tweak) thanks to Dee
    [MOD] Golem Construction for Spellcasters thanks to argent77
    Post edited by Darkersun on
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    I've noticed that the Djinni Companion is still listed as "work in progress". It has been released some time ago and can be downloaded from this topic:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41108/mod-afaaq-the-djinni-companion-for-bg2-and-bg2-ee-released/p1
    Thanks for the update, moved from "work in progress" to "Extra Companions"
  • akridianakridian Member Posts: 11
    Has there been any new release for the dungeon be gone or the item upgrades?

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited August 2016
    akridian said:

Has there been any new release for the dungeon be gone or the item upgrades?

DungeonBeGoneV17 works fine with BG2 EE.
    Found here:
    http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=98&Itemid=79
  • akridianakridian Member Posts: 11
    Does it work with the CURRENT version/patch for BG2EE?
    When was D-b-G put up/released? I had one version, old one, that would cause problems because it wasn't "up to date".

• AearionBGAearionBG Member Posts: 1
    So, I'm quite new to modding, and am only just getting back into the Forgotten Realms.
    I was trying to play some character class mods, downloaded, installed, everything seemed fine, but in opening the game to play, those kits that I've installed are darkened and not selectable. Any help?
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @AearionBG This is going to sound like a really dumb question - but if you're still having trouble, have you checked the racial requirements on the kits? A lot of custom ones do have requirements and I've had issues with that before. Depending on which mods you're using there are also some kits that you can only choose in game.
  • civian1991civian1991 Member Posts: 57
    I'm having trouble with all my mods in BG2EE- all the dialogue strings come up "invalid". It happened when I updated to the newest version. I've tried doing a fresh install, but as it turns out it didn't work :( Here is my weidu log...could anyone kindly advise if I have done anything wrong or if there is a string fixer I can use? Thanks!
  • NameLessOne47NameLessOne47 Member Posts: 23
    What's the priority of installing Mega Mod?
  • 01Hydrogen01Hydrogen Member Posts: 6
    @NameLessOne47 哈哈,没想到能在这遇到你
  • NameLessOne47NameLessOne47 Member Posts: 23
    @01Hydrogen 你好!Welcome!
  • VanderieVanderie Member Posts: 1
    I'm having trouble with the NPC Flirt Pack for BG2EE. When I try to talk to Jaheira/Viconia/etc, nothing happens; no dialog, no response, nothing. The only mods I have installed are the NPC Flirt Pack and Dungeon Be Gone, and I'm using the Beamdog version of the game.

Any assistance would be appreciated!
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Vanderie According to the readme Viconia's flirts begin after her fourth talk. Jaheira's start after her sixth. Maybe you're not far enough into the romances yet?
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2016
    Tried the fix when installing Sword Coast Stratagems on EE II 2.0+,
    Still get "ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this"
    Any help?

Edit: Solved, have to let stratagems.exe extract files first, then apply the hotfix, otherwise stratagems.exe's extraction will overwrite the fix.
    Post edited by islandking on
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Is Ninde incompatible with some of the mods on the list? The only one I've added that is not on the list is Imoen romance, yet Ninde would not spawn where she was supposed to be ! :/

Desperately I tried reinstalling the mod which made me stare in horror as ALL of my mods then begun reinstalling?!?! So now I'll have to restart my game as none of the mods seem to be fine anymore haha.. Just want to know if there is one in particular to avoid with Ninde, she is my no. priority for this playthrough.

Thank ye kindly
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    I've been looking to see if FinnJO's Subrace Mod for BG2 has been made compatible with EE and Siege of Dragonspear. Unfortunately, I have been able to find out whether it has or not. Can anyone provide any information, and in the absence of an updated mod, can anybody give advice as to how to give the same effects as the mod? The GUI part is unimportant as that can easily be fixed with Shadowkeeper.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    My current game has a number of mods from the OP list active, and sofar everything seems to work fine. Even Hubelpot and his vegetable farmer kit work, despite some anomalous apostrophes.

Nathaniel however... he's not working out, probably more to do with the mod itself though than the combination of mods. There seems to be some scripting error that aborts commands given to him. Whether selected with the whole party or individually, suppose I tell him to move somewhere, he stops after just a few steps, if he even moves at all. Giving him another script doesn't seem to work, and neither does turning AI off. I'll be looking through his character files next, but if someone could direct me to a support/bugsection of his I'd very much appreciate it.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Could you add Sirene NPC for BG2 to the list?
    @Artemius_I added to the list, thank you.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    @lefreut added, thanks.
    @Darkersun Portraits, Portraits Everywhere is also for BG2EE: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61015/mod-portraits-portraits-everywhere-for-bg1ee-sod-bg2ee-iwdee-eet/p1 This is the new version of Minor NPC Portraits, which adds dialogue portraits to pretty much every standard character.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    edited December 2016
    @Darkersun
    It says that Amber for BG2EE needs an updated WeiDU, but the OP is from 2014. Something changed since then?
    edited December 2016
    Thanks @Ratatoskr589 added portraits-portraits-everywhere
    Amber should be fine Version 4 has full BG2:EE support as far as I know (I removed the note)

I updated the list with spoiler tags, so it is easier to scroll to find the mod sections.
    Please let me know if it helps or if the old style was better for searching etc.
    You're wecome. And I think the spoiler tags work pretty well since the list is getting rather massive. People can always just reveal everything if they miss the old version.

I've just done my next complete BG2EE mod install, including quite a few not on this list, so I'll probably have more notes on what works later. So far my game will at least start, which is always step 1.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Darkersun said:

Amber should be fine Version 4 has full BG2:EE support as far as I know (I removed the note)

You should put the note back: the mod hasn't been updated and is still using WeiDU 232, and it is known as buggy in some cases. Weidu was updated quickly up to version 235 for a reason (see version 234 changes).
    You could also mention that BG2EE will most probably crash if people install the mod in a language other than English since the mod doesn't handle UTF-8 encoding as required for an EE game.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    edited December 2016
    Tower of Deception runs with EE
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/39282/tower-of-deception-for-bg2ee

I also see the first Unfinished business on your list... anyone knows about UB2?
    @Arendeth I was hoping to install SOS and was wondering, when you say the dialog file needs to be redirected, what exactly does that mean? I mean, what do I actually do? Thanks for any help.

@Przemkas As far as I'm aware, both unfinished business mods work. 1 for BG 1 and 1 for BG 2. If there's another one out there, I don't know about it.