Skip to content

What do you do for the most fun?

I don't know what it is, but I'm just a little bored right now. What do you guys do in your games to spice them up a bit?

I don't know exactly what I'm asking for here, but I want to play some BGEE, just don't feel a direction to go in right now.
lolienCrevsDaakRavenslight

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited September 2014
    Install a few mods, try BG1 NPC Project and SCS - you'll definitely remember the experience you'll get. These two mods will make your game much more different. Taste them!
    lolienkcwiseRavenslightPibaro
  • LarkusLarkus Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2014
    @Mathsorcerer

Wow! Someone actually mentioned Ironworks

I didn't mention Ironworks before, but I did link to Ironworks before:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/435436/#Comment_435436

There were many knowledgeable people at Ironworks. The SixOfSpades was impressive, as was DundeeSlaytern.

I was mostly a lurker, though. I was more at home at GameBanshee.

Edit: While I'm at it: The Ironworks BG2 Classic Threads Collection
    http://web.archive.org/web/20120104193154/http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12862
    (Especially good: "The Stud")
    Post edited by Larkus on
    lolienkcwise
  • AnonymousHeroAnonymousHero Member Posts: 98
    No-reload + SCS. It's the only way to fly :). (Though you may become bored if you go with full Mage prebuffs. I prefer the "only long-lasting spells" pre-buff.)
    lolienkcwise
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Merina said:

My personal favorites: Use found potions early. Only spare a few special ones for special situations.

That's great advice for the hoarders in the audience, like me. Not sure why, but even though I've played the game more than a few times I still hoard potions, items, etc.
    JuliusBorisovlolienRavenslightthe_spyder
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    kcwise said:

Merina said:

My personal favorites: Use found potions early. Only spare a few special ones for special situations.

That's great advice for the hoarders in the audience, like me. Not sure why, but even though I've played the game more than a few times I still hoard potions, items, etc.
    I've been in the same boat till I installed the SCS mod ;)
    kcwiselolienPibaroRavenslight
  • kengurakengura Member Posts: 2
    SCS mod. No reload. As less prebuffs as possible. No kiting or hit and run tactics. Party can retreat only if the battle is lost.
    kcwiselolien
    If the battle is lost, my party cannot retreat let alone exist...
    lolienkcwise
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Sometimes I just go with the first stat roll, write an appropriate back story, skip the prologue, go straight to Gorion and exit Candlekeep. From there I let the character's background and innate abilities determine the initial course of action.
    the_spyderlolienkcwise
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    I am not sure just exactly what is causing your boredom.

Advance the questline?

Put the AI on, and let your peeps do things automatically, perhaps?

Try out a party with NPCs you haven't tried for spice and variety.

Do an evil party run.
    lolienJuliusBorisovkcwise
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    WebShaman said:

Put the AI on, and let your peeps do things automatically, perhaps?

NOOOOOOO. Don't use the Artificial Stupidity.....

Nimranloliendunbar
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Bear hunting along the Sword Coast. However...

You've been warned!

Also,

does anyone know if the Phoenix Guards in Nashkel are still in the cemetery? They're usually loads of fun, especially when you get the entire town involved.
    ForgottenMythKloroxlolienJuliusBorisov
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903

Bear hunting along the Sword Coast. However...

You've been warned!

Also,

does anyone know if the Phoenix Guards in Nashkel are still in the cemetery? They're usually loads of fun, especially when you get the entire town involved.
    They PGs are still there, and if they accidentally on purpose kill a certain bounty collector, he might have some worthwhile loot on him (guilt free murder, yay!).
    lolien
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303

Now listen, Ralphie. If you're bored with Balder's Gate, you're playing too much.
    If you're not bored with Balder's Gate, you're not playing enough.
    Soren_The_WildJuliusBorisovlolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    rufus_hobartkcwiselolien