Skip to content

OMG I love auto-loot. But is the timestamp when pausing optional?

I guess it's not bad, but I am not sure why it was needed, and I would turn it off if I could.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    It's not optional, but I know how you feel. It was added so tablet users could see the time.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Ooohh, OK. Thx. :-)
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    You can delete it in dialog.tlk file with NI or DLTCEP, but the colon after PAUSED is hardcoded, so it looks weird. So I just deleted everything except of hour information. It's somewhat useful but doesn't clutter the dialog window. You can see which strings you need to edit by typing console command C:StrrefOn().
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Sorry, but what is auto loot?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    For what it is worth, I think it is a nice feature, Far better than not having it. It is my opinion that it still needs some work.

1. Stackable items need to go into someone's inventory and stack. As it stands, I still need to micro-manage my inventory every time I try to pick up stray arrows or gems or other stackable items.
    2. You should be able to hot-key the feature.
    3. When I was playing with it, items would come in and out of the list depending on where the "Leader" at the time was on the field of battle. This made items that I clicked on drive out/reveal other items in an inconsistent manner. It also made keeping track of everything on the field of battle difficult and unwieldy.
    4. Gold gets just added to the inventory. Tangible items require whoever the leader is to physically walk there and pick them up. This isn't "Horrible" but it feels inconsistent. Pick one strategy and apply it to every scenario.

Thanks very much to the DEV team for creating the feature. I just would suggest the above as "Enhancements".
  • GKL206GKL206 Member Posts: 75

For what it is worth, I think it is a nice feature, Far better than not having it. It is my opinion that it still needs some work.

4. Gold gets just added to the inventory. Tangible items require whoever the leader is to physically walk there and pick them up. This isn't "Horrible" but it feels inconsistent. Pick one strategy and apply it to every scenario.

I find that works well for me: I allocate certain items to particular NPCs, whoever has a gem bag picks up gems, for example, so when I collect gems I select whoever has the bag, select the strongest NPC to pick up plate armour and so on. Used like that it is a definite advantage as it stands.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Klorox said:

Sorry, but what is auto loot?

It's that little red diamond which allows you to pick up all local loot within a single GUI instead of needing to click each loot pile of each body.

It's also a great way to duplicate items in Multiplayer...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @Klorox‌ It's a quick-loot feature:

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Oh cool! I'll need to try it out. Thanks bros!
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I'm having issues with auto-loot. Sometimes it literally just won't work. I've noticed it usually happens when I switch between party members, but 9/10 times when a character is standing on top of the loot he just flat out refuses to pick it up.

Also, the arrows on the side are just clunky and frustrating to use. I feel like they should shift items one at a time instead of the whole row. As it is I end up skipping items and missing them.
    GKL206 said:

I find that works well for me: I allocate certain items to particular NPCs, whoever has a gem bag picks up gems, for example, so when I collect gems I select whoever has the bag, select the strongest NPC to pick up plate armour and so on. Used like that it is a definite advantage as it stands.
    I understand your thinking and don't think that our points of view are entirely out of sync. You should still be able to select who gets what items, as it is today. It should simply be that the scheme should be consistent, either individual items appear in selected party member's inventory in the same way that gold 'magically' goes into the party treasure, "OR" you have to traipse across the battlefield for gold in the same way you do with items. That is the aspect to which I was referring.

But again, these are merely my observations and preferences. I am sure there are others.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014

Also, the arrows on the side are just clunky and frustrating to use. I feel like they should shift items one at a time instead of the whole row. As it is I end up skipping items and missing them.

To me it would be a lot more annoying if you had to click/press repeatedly in order to get through a large number of items. Especially when playing on a tablet or phone.
    Post edited by elminster on
    edited September 2014

I understand your thinking and don't think that our points of view are entirely out of sync. You should still be able to select who gets what items, as it is today. It should simply be that the scheme should be consistent, either individual items appear in selected party member's inventory in the same way that gold 'magically' goes into the party treasure, "OR" you have to traipse across the battlefield for gold in the same way you do with items. That is the aspect to which I was referring.

I realised the difference in emphasis after I posted. But I think the difference comes because the gold goes into the party treasury so because any party member could pick it up there's no need for a specific character to go there (and gold has no weight and takes up no inventory space), whereas if you want the character with 18/00 to pick up the plate armour it has to be them who does it, so I can see the logic to it. I can understand you wanting it all to work like the gold, but there's also the possibility of becoming encumbered to consider. Which I've found happen to me when I've set a physically weak character who can identify to pick up the stuff which needs IDing. As it stands it fits with the logic of the encumbrance rules better.
    Post edited by GKL206 on
    @GKL206 - absolutely to each their own. That actually wasn't the chief of my 'enhancements'. I'd much prefer arrows and other stackables to actually auto stack as first and foremost. That gets annoying having to go in and micro-tetris my inventory for that.

@GKL206 - absolutely to each their own. That actually wasn't the chief of my 'enhancements'. I'd much prefer arrows and other stackables to actually auto stack as first and foremost. That gets annoying having to go in and micro-tetris my inventory for that.

That really annoyed me at first. I have, however, found one situation where the current system works better. I've got Xan using throwing daggers which have a tendency to encumber him, but with things the way they are I can pick up the stacks with a stronger character first then pass them over to him one or two stacks at a time until he's carrying the correct weight & then combine the rest.