Skip to content

Mark Meer is involved into IWD:EE?!!

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
Hear! Hear!

So, Mark Meer + a robe = Baeloth, I think.

The first idea that came to my mind when I read it was whether it was all about the Adventure Y or even Z already. It could be the Adventure Y I thought: maybe during a playthrough the Devs had seen a few lines that should had been added and or additionally voiced over.

But then I read this:

And it has hit me llike a lightning! Mark Meer in a robe and IWD:EE writers are editing (obviously the dialogue lines and phrases they wrote) due to what Mark is telling them....

Baeloth in IWD:EE?!!!!

Of course, maybe Mark Meer just voices some other character in IWD:EE but it does still mean we'll have a brand new quest in this game or at least a cameo or an Easter Egg :))

I'm so excited with the news of Mark Meer being involved into IWD:EE! The amount of information about IWD:EE is so little that this news is HUGE!

Maybe the fact that IWD:EE writers are still editing things means we have to wait longer but the idea of hearing Mark Meer's voice is worth every day of our waiting:) He's such a pro!

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I don't get what all the fuss is about..?
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    Quartz said:

I'm assuming because it means that the extra content are well taken care of with proper voice acting and everything. As far as quest-based content, the only thing really announced is UB which, judging by the mod page does not seem to have anything that "requires" a well-known voice actor.

This could mean that Beamdog is adding something big in a new kind of quest/mode so people are excited. Or they could simply be adding a few extra voice sets (on PCs or NPCs) which would also be cool.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Very sluethy twitter work! Hoooray!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    LiamEsler said:

To clarify, Mark came in to shoot some promotional stuff, but is not in the game. :)

Awwww.... And @elminster‌ really?! An agree?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yep
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    D:
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    LiamEsler said:

To clarify, Mark came in to shoot some promotional stuff, but is not in the game. :)

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Casadoom said:

Quartz said:

I'm assuming because it means that the extra content are well taken care of with proper voice acting and everything.
    You mean the same voice actor over and over? Yeah. I'm stoked.
    LiamEsler said:

Oh thank God.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good voice actor. But I get tired of them being reused over and over and over...
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    LiamEsler said:

@PhillipDaigle‌ calls me the gremlin that sits on Beamdog's shoulder.

It's appropriate. :D

Seem like he nailed you, you do like to be the ruin party spirit :P
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    What kind of promotional stuff? Like a narration for the launch trailer?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Just got ninja'd :)
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    im so jelly of those old skool Baldur's Gate boxes
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    decado said:

I want his cloak. :(
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    somebody baldurize that into a portrait! :) u know u want to
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Clearly the only thing that could make Icewind Dales better is Commander Shepard.

...I should go.