Skip to content

KuldaharConfessional from Boo

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
This discussion was created from comments split from: #ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn (Notes: now IWD compatible #KuldaharConfessional ).

I've thought this idea of @booinyoureyes‌ deserves a special thread.
booinyoureyesjackjackkaguanalolien

Comments

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234

Confession: What I really can't wait for? Finding out the new kits that CamDawg‌ and the other developers added to the game. So many options now 0.0

New kits??? O.O

Confession: I think I finished IWD only two, maybe three times. This is likely because IWD+HoW was the last Infinity-engine game I bought.

booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovkcwisekaguana
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Confession: I didn't even play Trials of the Luremaster and HoW, only the basic version.

Confession: I don't remeber much from IWD, except that it has beautiful locations, music and feels great!

Confession: I want IWDEE to actually try this game to its fullest, to find out and complete all its quests.

Confession: I'm so excited. The level of excitement only increases with time.
    kcwisebooinyoureyeskaguana
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Confession: On my second playthrough I decided to make every character a dual classed human (All single class characters for the first playthrough) starting with fighter and then dualing just at the right level to get the most from the experience. I thought I was pretty smart. Of course, I also gave my Fighter/Thief skill in Halberds. Nothing says backstab like a big ol' giant polearm! Yeah, apparently not.

Confession: I downloaded Ash (Bruce Campbell, Evil Dead Army Of Darkness) character pics and soundset and started a solo run. Never did finish, but I do remember cackling madly every time he'd deliver a one liner. It seemed a perfect fit at the time given all the annoying undead prowling the icebox. Side note: It would ROCK if Bruce Campbell voiced a character for one of Beamdog's projects, but I'm perhaps a bit biased.

Confession: I really enjoyed the story. There, I said it!

Confession: I'm hoping for at least one companion easter egg character. Fingers crossed for character: Betty the Yeti.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyesrufus_hobartkaguana
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    Hey, this seems like fun:

Confession: I used to start a solo game in HoW on Heart of Fury mode, collect all the (doubled) quest XP for the intro and then steamroll through everything on core rules.

Confession: I have in the past used the console to level up my characters to get a glimpse of how my spell progression would work. Doing this, I also discovered that the level 40 rules mod that I used also allowed paladins to get up to (I think) 6th level divine magic.

Confession: I have only beaten IWD a handful of times, despite starting probably a hundred or more saves. I've only beaten HoW three times that I can recall, and I needed to consult a guide to beat TotLM both times I did that.
    booinyoureyeskcwisekaguanaJuliusBorisov
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Now that I think about it, @booinyoureyes‌, I am not certain that I want to think about yeti love interests. *yeesh*
    booinyoureyeskcwiserufus_hobartJuliusBorisov
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    edited October 2014
    Confession: I start with a party full of (mostly) human fighters, which I dual-class to various vanilla classes at Level 2, just to give them an extra edge in terms of equipment and fighting capability. I might make one a fighter non-human if he/she is to remain a fighter, or maybe a kit in EE.

Confession: I usually install the Sleep Anywhere tweak because damn is it ever hard to get through some of the levels and walking back through the mazes to the entrances can be a big PITA.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovSpungi
  • urbanwarlordurbanwarlord Member Posts: 12
    kcwise said:

@kcwise‌ !!!!
    We can finally find a love interest for Rufus @rufus_hobart‌

Now we just have to find the perfect Barry White song to accompany such a sweet romance.

Shameful Confession :- i did make a elf ranger named drizzt and using dale keeper forced a longsword into its off hand to make it appear to dual weild.

Hey, if you're going to try a "Drizzit" character, what better game than Icewind Dale? Makes a lot more sense than seeing Drizzits in World of Warcraft, Dungeons & Dragons Online (Eberron), or even Knights of the Old Republic! Although, with the way he cuts down enemies I do sometimes wonder if his scimitars aren't really lightsabers.
    This is true, i did actually painstakingly recreate the whole team, bruenor wulfgar etc etc, even going so far as to use some software to create items, (i jad a basic idea of how to make them) for them all, only to find someone had already done this and using the correct stats and cooler portraits ^^

kcwisebooinyoureyes
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287

This is true, i did actually painstakingly recreate the whole team, bruenor wulfgar etc etc, even going so far as to use some software to create items, (i jad a basic idea of how to make them) for them all, only to find someone had already done this and using the correct stats and cooler portraits ^^

Did you take them through the game? I'd be interested to hear how it all worked out.
    I think i got as far as dragons eye, but im not 100% sure, was fun but i made it a rule to not equip any items i found and no potions but health, bit challenging without a cleric :P
    kcwise
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838

I think i got as far as dragons eye, but im not 100% sure, was fun but i made it a rule to not equip any items i found and no potions but health, bit challenging without a cleric :P

That's what bards are for. Although honestly, once my mages get high enough level, I usually keep 1 identify memorized just in case of finding items.

kcwisekaguanaJuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Now that I think about it, @booinyoureyes‌, I am not certain that I want to think about yeti love interests. *yeesh*

Pffft. You humans, always so squeamish. You've just never experienced the loving embrace of a dirty marshmallow with fangs.
    Sound kinda tasty, actually.
    kcwise

That's what bards are for. Although honestly, once my mages get high enough level, I usually keep 1 identify memorized just in case of finding items.

This was in reference to a drizzt and co made party :)
    booinyoureyesjackjack
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    with all this confessions I think you all need a cleric (hmm priest).

I confess: nothing hoo maybe beside the fact that I never didn't beaten the game, and I don't remember much of it.
    urbanwarlordkcwisebooinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

Pffft. You humans, always so squeamish. You've just never experienced the loving embrace of a dirty marshmallow with fangs.
    No, but I have experienced the loving embrace of....hrm....that might be TMI, now that I think about it.

Nimranrufus_hobartkcwise
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

No, but I have experienced the loving embrace of....hrm....that might be TMI, now that I think about it.

The world has a right to know!
    booinyoureyeskcwisejackjack