Skip to content

Did I level up too little?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    That's more than enough. I normally am level 8-9 at that point, and never have a problem.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited October 2014
    You couldn't possible have done all the quests before the underdark and only be level 12. But it is a good and suitable level to do the underdark.
    meaglothJuliusBorisov
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I too believe you can't have finished all of the quests in Athkathla and beyond. That would have put you near lvl 15-16 for sure. If you clear Watcher's Keep too, that should be even higher.

It depends on your party set up and items, but lvl 12 can do the main Underdark plots and areas easily, I mean IF you don't aim to complete all of the Underdark. Beholder and mind flayer caverns can give you a lot of trouble so you may want to leave them for future. They are not neccesary to further the plot. (You can come back to Underdark later unless you finish SoA)
    SionIVelminsterJuliusBorisov
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Pshhh.. That's nothing. On my first playthrough I was lvl10 at Suldeneselar. That was an interesting playthrough.
    atcDaveJuliusBorisov
    edited October 2014
    meagloth said:

Pshhh.. That's nothing. On my first playthrough I was lvl10 at Suldeneselar. That was an interesting playthrough.

Your characters must have spent most of their time dead to avoid XP, Is that even possible with quest rewards? You would get to at least 12-13 by quest rewards on your way to Suldeneselar, and you would have had to kill a few monsters on the way (Vampires in Bodhi's lair, underdark).
    edited October 2014
    SionIV said:

meagloth said:

Your characters must have spent most of their time dead to avoid XP, Is that even possible with quest rewards? You would get to at least 12-13 by quest rewards on your way to Suldeneselar, and you would have had to kill a few monsters on the way (Vampires in Bodhi's lair, underdark).
    10 was probably my lowest level. It was a while ago, I don't remember very well. It was my first run, and I was really into the story. I did like.. 3 sidequests. Planar sphere, umar hills, maybe some other little things. I spent a few days trilingual to beat the irenicus battle, and then I actually loaded and earlier save and I hade to leave Suldeneselar and go do some quests then come back to get a few level.
    Irenicus waited patiently, interestingly enough.

I'll try and find the discs and plug in the old computer so I can take some pictures of the actual game, and my exact level.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Do you still think you can beat the game? If so, give it a try. If not, maybe see if there's something you haven't done yet. That's the beauty of BG. You can do as many, or as few, side quests as you want. And @meagloth‌ did you not level up after lvl10?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    You missed some quests I think.
    Nimran said:

Do you still think you can beat the game? If so, give it a try. If not, maybe see if there's something you haven't done yet. That's the beauty of BG. You can do as many, or as few, side quests as you want. And @meagloth‌ did you not level up after lvl10?

What do you mean? Like I said I had to leave Suldeneselar and get a few more levels before I could beat irenicus. I think I could probably do it now, but it was my first run and I was less familiar with the game, tactics, and AD&D in general.
    elminster
    meagloth said:

Nimran said:

What do you mean? Like I said I had to leave Suldeneselar and get a few more levels before I could beat irenicus. I think I could probably do it now, but it was my first run and I was less familiar with the game, tactics, and AD&D in general.
    I just find it odd that you made it to Suldeneselar without leveling past 10, but if it was your first run then it sorta makes sense.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited October 2014
    I've gotten up to Sendai with a level 12 team. It's tough but not impossible.

(what I mean is I chose not to level up any further)
    Nimran
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    There was a challenge to beat the game with no lvl ups whatsoever, ignoring the lvl up button. (This means lvl 7-8 for all the time!) so I guess that is doable too. Difficult but doable. Lvl 12 is big for mages cos they fet 6th lvl spells. 6th lvl spells are extremely useful.
    edited October 2014
    Alright. I loaded up the old game. I may have exaggerated a little. This is me in Suldeneselar:
    imageimageimageimageimage

Sorry, they're not great pictures. If you don't want to squint, then that's me, lvl 15 sorcerer, imoen lvl 7->14, valyagar lvl 14, Minsc lvl 14, jaheria lvl 11/13, and arie lvl 12/12.
    @meagloth‌ okay, that seems more doable. If your characters were at lvl10, you either didn't do any side quests at all, or you chose not to level up after 10.
    edited October 2014
    Nimran said:

@meagloth‌ okay, that seems more doable. If your characters were at lvl10, you either didn't do any side quests at all, or you chose not to level up after 10.

Even if he didn't do any side quests, the experience he would get from the main quest line and the forced kills would put him at at least 11-12 when at Suldaneselar.
    NimranPibaro