Skip to content

[dupe]Polymorph Self Bug - Caster's Weapon Deselected after Spell Ends

MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
edited March 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Current Behavior
After the Polymorph Self expires, the caster's weapon is deselected, defaulting to non-lethal fist damage. This is especially problematic for Imp familiars, since their weapon (item code: S1-6) cannot be reselected.

Expected Behavior
When Polymorph Self expires, the caster's weapon slot should be reselected.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited October 2014
    This is actually a rather more extense bug, that is hardcoded and causes the melee weapon to be selected after the .itm from the Magical-weapons slot is gone, instead of the weapon that was selected before, and, Fists are always preferred by the engine.

Fixing this (in the easy way) would just mean giving the Imp a weapon for each of his 4 weapon-slots:
    COPY_EXISTING famimp.cre override
    famimp25 override // ToB version too
    ADD_CRE_ITEM "s1-6" #0 #0 #0 "IDENTIFIED" WEAPON1 EQUIP
    ADD_CRE_ITEM "s1-6" #0 #0 #0 "IDENTIFIED" WEAPON2
    ADD_CRE_ITEM "s1-6" #0 #0 #0 "IDENTIFIED" WEAPON3
    ADD_CRE_ITEM "s1-6" #0 #0 #0 "IDENTIFIED" WEAPON4
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited October 2014
    @CrevsDaak - I already tried assigning its weapon in all four of the weapon slots, but to no avail. It still does non-lethal punching damage after Polymorphing back to its original form (and, therefore, cannot attack sleeping/prone enemies).
    Post edited by Mortianna on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    What version of the game do you have - I'm trying the PC release version (1.3.2053) and a polymorphed then reverted familiar is killing my protagonist - so can't be using fists?

& whichever slot I put my quarterstaff in, that is what my protagonist ends up with after a polymorph. Regardless of whether he starts with fists or staff selected.
    edited October 2014
    @Gate70 - I'm using the latest PC version you listed. I have the SCS mod installed, but without the spell modifications. I'll try uninstalling it and see if that fixes things.

*Update: I uninstalled the SCS mod and started a new game, but am experiencing the same problem. Any suggestions?
    Post edited by Mortianna on
    @Gate70 - FYI: I uninstalled and then reinstalled BGEE with no mods and am still having the same issue, both with my PC and Imp after casting Polymorph.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Was that on a new game @Mortianna‌ or using a save created earlier (I'll double check on my side with a new game).

Thanks
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Gate70 I believe @DarKelP‌ is correct. It is also the same bug I reported in the beta forum
    CrevsDaak
    @Gate70 It was a brand new game.

@Sed @DarKelP The only difference with the Polymorph bug is that it defaults to no weapon being selected (fists only) after the spell ends.
  • DarKelPDarKelP Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2014
    Mortianna said:

The only difference with the Polymorph bug is that it defaults to no weapon being selected (fists only) after the spell ends.

@Mortianna Yes, if the caster doesn't have any melee weapon (for example two ranged weapon), then it defaults to fists after the spell (Melf's minute meteors or Energy blades) ends.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Dupe.
This discussion has been closed.