Skip to content

Move NPC's Starting Locations??

Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
Greetings

Is there a Mod where I can move NPC locations like Late in the Game NPC's, I know SCS has that option but I dont want to use that mod yet, as I want to hit Durlags tower at least once before I use that mod.

Can I add SCS but just use the NPC Movement option?

Thanks

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @Cal_El‌ and welcome to the forum!

Before you install the SCS mod, you choose which particular components you want to install. So, you can choose to install the Component: Move NPCs to More Convenient Locations onlly.

This component works fine.

Another variant can be to install similar components from the BG1NPC Project mod: Alora's, Eldoth's, Quayle's and Tiax's Starting Location components.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    bengoshi said:

Before you install the SCS mod, you choose which particular components you want to install. So, you can choose to install the Component: Move NPCs to More Convenient Locations onlly.

Another variant can be to install similar components from the BG1NPC Project mod: Alora's, Eldoth's, Quayle's and Tiax's Starting Location components.

BG1NPC also has components to open Cloakwood before Chapter 4, letting you pick up Coran and/or Faldorn early (Coran's quest still has a timer, however).
    JuliusBorisovNotabarbiegirl
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2014
    bengoshi said:

Thanks for the Welcome, and the insight!

Is BG1NPC Project alright in BGEE??

JuliusBorisov
    Ok so just tried installing BG1NPC Project but install failed due to not having tutu and all that... so guess not compatible with EE??
  • GKL206GKL206 Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2014
    You should be able to use the BG1NPC Project, following the steps in http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32379/bg1npc-for-bgee-prerelease#latest at the top of the page. It's usually something really obvious which goes wrong, so double-check you're using the correct version "bg1npc-for-bgee", that you've unzipped all the parts into the right place (where the CHITIN.KEY file is) and then run the file from there. And if it's still not working find someone more expert than me to help you. But there is a working BG1NPC Project for BGEE which many people are using happily.
    Post edited by GKL206 on
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight
    edited October 2014
    Ok will try that out now thanks...

Just installed SCS but didnt have no options to install segments, just said Install Component and boom did the lot...

Edit: LOL? Now After uninstalling SCS and installing BG1NPC Project cant even launch the game. Man one thing then another. :S
    Post edited by Cal_El on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovCal_El
    @subtledoctor‌ Much obliged! It was more to do with how I had the modding tools set up. I could get it installed now if I wanted but I got BG1NPC working, which is lovely and doing all I need. Whatever I was doing messed up my launcher so reinstalled, got the Modding gear working nice and all is dandy :-)
    @AstroBryGuy‌ Dont know if this is known or not, and as I have no other mods running apart from BG1NPC thought i'd mention this to you.

When I go to Customise>Scripts, the text from the Intro when a new game starts is starting to replace the Script descriptions. It was only the first AI Script, but with each 'New Game' the Intro is extending itself into other Script descriptions.... odd indeed
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Sorry, but I can't reproduce this. So, I'm at a loss as to what is happening. Is this the only place incorrect strings are popping up? Did you have another mod previously installed and then uninstall it, or did you start with a fresh install and only add BG1NPC?

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this. So, I'm at a loss as to what is happening. Is this the only place incorrect strings are popping up? Did you have another mod previously installed and then uninstall it, or did you start with a fresh install and only add BG1NPC?

As far as I can tell yes. Its not that big a deal as you can tell what script it is on the Records page (Agen0) or whatever.
    This is from a fresh install with just BG1NPC and a XP remover