Skip to content

Show of hands for IWD2:EE?

124»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Nifft said:

IWD2 had some really neat innovations.

The customizable toolbar is one thing which I wish all the games had -- Cleric / Thief is unplayable for me in BG2 because of where the Thief skill button ends up.

The voice sets are fantastic.

The fact that the sprite colors are pre-selected to match the portrait is a subtle brush of genius.

The way goblins fall off their wolves when you Crit -- another subtle bit of cleverness.

- - -

That said, there's a bunch of areas where IWD2 could be improved in an EE version.

Some of the Races, Classes, Feats and Skills could each use a bit of a touch-up.

Another one I like is inventory pausing only if you pause beforehand. So if you pause and then go into your inventory the game is paused. If you don't pause the game continues on as if you hadn't. Its a nice touch and for people like me (that miss how BG1 used to handle the inventory during combat) its nice to see.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Ardul said:

@Nifft do you know that you can just hotkey the thieving skills? I have stealth on S, find traps on F and thieving on T. You can set it in-game under options.

Yeah I do know about the work-around, but I'm already used to using the function key, and I'd rather play a game which doesn't require retraining.
    elminster said:

Another one I like is inventory pausing only if you pause beforehand. So if you pause and then go into your inventory the game is paused. If you don't pause the game continues on as if you hadn't. Its a nice touch and for people like me (that miss how BG1 used to handle the inventory during combat) its nice to see.

Yeah, and you could see if you'd used pause or not thanks to the spinning globe.

IWD2 had a very strong UI.

- - -

I'm going to start a thread to discuss the changes I'd like to see in IWD2:EE.