Skip to content

Imoen Romance V3.0 Release

Comments

• Sarevok08Sarevok08 Member Posts: 78
    Sounds good. I've PM'd you
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Sarevok08 There is another incompatibility I'm aware of. Imoen Romance + some other mod I haven't identified are incompatible with the Faiths and Powers mod. IR wokrs fine on its own, and every other mod I use work fine. But something in the interaction between them causes an issue. I don't know how fixable this is on your end though.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited October 2019
    megamike15 wrote: »
    ascension has a component that makes both seravok;s and imeon's tob banters fire more regularly. as ir already has triggers for that it causes a conflict when the two are installed.

Please be more precise, do you mean that:
    1. Ascension Improved Sarevok-Player interactions + Ascension Improved Imoen-Player interactions + Imoen Romance cause conflict? (3 components installed)
    or
    2. Ascension Improved Imoen-Player interactions + Imoen Romance cause conflict? (2 components installed)

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the 2nd one.

the imoen-player compnant has it's own timers that causes a conflict with ir's timer.
    ALIENThacoBell
    edited October 2019
    So, I had a comparison look between what Ascension modifies, and compared it to what the Imoen Romance modifies. I found what I think would cause the conflict (though I'm not sure how), and wil ALIEN's suggestion, have split the banter acceleration out from the Bhaal dialogues that are added to the game. Hopefully this will mean without Ascension, the banter acceleration will be installed, and with Ascension, the acceleration will be skipped over, but the additional dialogue added.

If anyone is feeling adventurous and wants to test it out, you can grab the beta here: http://www.blindmonkey.org/imoen/files/Imoen Romance-beta.zip

Edit: Forgot to mention, you'll need to wait for the next release of Ascension for it to detect its presence.
    megamike15
    edited October 2019
    @Sarevok08 New version of Ascension is released. You can grab it here: https://github.com/InfinityMods/Ascension/releases (G3 Download section was not updated yet)

regarding previous confusion with Imoen Romance version mod number, my suggestions:
    - remove version number from the webpage
    - remove version number from the name of the component
    - update tp2 VERSION since it's only thing which will player provide when reporting bugs
    - remove version number from the readme at the top, update changelog
    - finally, release new version
    Hmm, I guess its something to consider. In saying that, if people can compare their current, and the new version, and see the differences, they can determine if it is worth doing an uninstall, and reinstall.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @ALIEN why are you now supporting Ascension? Did davidW quit once again? Thanks for your support!
    edited October 2019
    Arthas wrote: »
    @ALIEN why are you now supporting Ascension? Did davidW quit once again? Thanks for your support!

Definitely no. It's simply collaboration effort to combine best things in order to improve this mod. Single person can't think about everything nor be always online to quickly react to feature request.
  • wukewuke Member Posts: 113
    edited October 2019
    I remember seeing someone reported having the last Aerie Imoen talk again at the added merchant in Waukeen's Premenade, I encountered this one in this test run so checked the dialogues. As soon as the dialogue starts the variable tracking their friendship "MRAerImFriend" should be set to 13, but there's a chance that after the talk it remains 12, so if the player already had it, then approach the merchant, the script demands player1 talk to themselves, but the variable is wrong so they initiate the wrong dialogue.

my guess is in \dialogues\SOA\misc\AerieImoen.d, line 316-322, calling
    ActionOverride(Player1,SetDialog("Player1"))

before
    SetGlobal("MRAerImFriend","GLOBAL",13)

might have blocked the SetGlobal() from executing? I changed the order of the two, and at least in about a dozen tests the variable changed correctly.

edit: also another typo
    \dialogues\SOA\misc\Strongholds.d line 1129:
    his -> <PRO_HISHER>
    Post edited by wuke on
    edited October 2019
    there are still some annoying "spaces at the beginning of the sentence" here and there. did a text search and these are what i got:

\dialogues\SOA\Banter\AlignGoodvsEvil.d line 184, 185, 186, 216, 217, 218, 304, 305, 306, 322
    \dialogues\SOA\Banter\AlignLaw.d line 155, 193
    \dialogues\SOA\Banter\Money.d line 88, 134
    \dialogues\SOA\Banter\Reputation.d line 33, 289
    \dialogues\SOA\Love\lovetalks.d line 563
    \dialogues\SOA\dreamCutscenes\anomenj.d line 135
    \dialogues\TOB\PID\PDA.d line 16
    \dialogues\TOB\PID\Torture.d line 12
    \dialogues\TOB\Solar\SolarPast.d line 403
    Post edited by wuke on
    Thanks @wuke
    I've made the spacing fixes and his/her updates. At this point, I'm talking with Vanatos about how to go about us both working on fixes with the mod, so will
  • elyonelyon Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2019
    Hi guys, the coder for the imoen romance mod here. i lost my account details with my old computer so i remade one for this forums.

Its great to see renewed interest in the mod, it tends to spike and wane with the seasons but it really shows people love this mod that were all trying to improve it.

I and Sarevok8 have been in discussion and we are going to collaborate for the fixes for this mod, this should avoid the problem if i go on holiday and theres no updates for awhile.

We plan to combine all fixes to date for 3.9.5 release.

@wuke Since you have an avid interest in the actual coding of the mod for big fixes, in relation to your focus on the last aerie talk. Your code suggestions are good, below is along the same lines but more streamlined

new block in imoen2.baf
    IF
    Global("BodhiDead","GLOBAL",1)
    !Global("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("MRAerImFriend","GLOBAL",11)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    RealSetGlobalTimer("MRAerieFriendshipTimer","GLOBAL",800)
    SetGlobal("MRAerImFriend","GLOBAL",12)
    END

Then change existing last block from checking MRAerImFriend=11 to 12.

Remove the RealSetGlobalTimer("MRAerieFriendshipTimer","GLOBAL",800) on 2nd last dialogue talk.
    Change the variable MRAerImFriend check in the last dialogue block to 13 (since it will be incremented).

Why also check for !Global("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1) ? because it makes more sense that the last dialogue not trigger until the romance is concluded (whether romance or friendzoned) , otherwise it is possible people who successfully romance Imoen only ever get the friended Aerie-imoen talk.

Why do multiple increments/setting of MRAerImFriend? because via a neat kind of trickery, we can use this variable to also close the possibility of that new codeblock re-executing.

Also another thing to keep in mind that, in an ideal world that new code block should probably be done in some way by when Bodhi actually dies (or where BodhiDead is set to 1), because its a type of inefficiency to have that code block always being checked and skipped throughout the game until bodhi actually dies.

The focus for the mod is just bug fixing, typos, and if i have time mod compatibility changes (as i did for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Trilogy) if possible but they are hard.

Actual dialogue changes or something along the lines of changing the 'content' i won't do because i don't step on the toes of the original writers.

@ThacoBell what is the behaviour that is incorrect in your playthrough with those mods with this one?
    wukeleeux
    @elyon Glad to see you back, and your approach is so much neater! I totally forgot a !Global("ImoenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1) would do the trick.
    Thanks @wuke. Really appreciate your contributions, its rare i get actual code bug fixing help. Helps immensely to have another set of eyes.

@ALIEN , @Sarevok08 . I will spend a bit more time on ascension compatibility, i understand what Ascension is doing. Its quite a sensitive compatibility change.
    @elyon Oh right, sorry. Its not incorrect behaviour, its that something prevents the mod from installing at all. The error for F&P says something about the kitlist.2DA. So something in Imoen Romance + Another mod (I haven't been able to nail down which one, so I provided the debugs and log) is preventing faiths and powers from installing. Imoen romance alone works fine with it, and all the other mods + Faiths and Powers works fine. So its something in the combination.
    @ALIEN i have looked at ascension changes for the taint/bhaal power talks and in fact it is not that incompatible with this mod.

To my understanding, both this mod and ascension actually do almost the same thing but different times, they both try to force banter talk with Imoen after set time instead of leaving it to random chance of vanilla game. I will make change so that the talks being triggered is lenient towards each mod triggering it.

Can you please read below and confirm some details:
    1st taint talk:
    Imoen Mod: about 15 minutes after start of TOB
    Ascension: 15 seconds after first rest.

2nd taint talk:
    Imoen Mod: 15 minutes after Gromnir fight talk.
    Ascension: 15 seconds after Yaga shura heart been taken

3rd taint talk
    Imoen Mod: 15 minutes after Yaga fight talk.
    Ascension: 15 seconds after meeting Balthazar first time

In practice it looks like there is no big incompatibility issue, Ascension would in practice override this mods timed talks because the conditions it sets pushes the talk to happen much later.

Only one caveat, does Ascension modify yaga01.dlg ?? i cannot find any place it does but the doc 'yagashura_read_me.txt' mentions it does, although this is just archived readme of old ascension and no longer applicable?
    elyon wrote: »
    @ALIEN i have looked at ascension changes for the taint/bhaal power talks and in fact it is not that incompatible with this mod.

To my understanding, both this mod and ascension actually do almost the same thing but different times, they both try to force banter talk with Imoen after set time instead of leaving it to random chance of vanilla game. I will make change so that the talks being triggered is lenient towards each mod triggering it.

Can you please read below and confirm some details:
    1st taint talk:
    Imoen Mod: about 15 minutes after start of TOB
    Ascension: 15 seconds after first rest.

2nd taint talk:
    Imoen Mod: 15 minutes after Gromnir fight talk.
    Ascension: 15 seconds after Yaga shura heart been taken

3rd taint talk
    Imoen Mod: 15 minutes after Yaga fight talk.
    Ascension: 15 seconds after meeting Balthazar first time

In practice it looks like there is no big incompatibility issue, Ascension would in practice override this mods timed talks because the conditions it sets pushes the talk to happen much later.

Only one caveat, does Ascension modify yaga01.dlg ?? i cannot find any place it does but the doc 'yagashura_read_me.txt' mentions it does, although this is just archived readme of old ascension and no longer applicable?

Everything inside "ascension\doc\original readmes" is partially outdated. Rest of the questions, please look at ascension\npc\baf\imoe25.baf.

@DavidW Do you want to add anything more?
    @ThacoBell there is nothing in the imoen mod that touches kitlist.2da, however of the mods in your weidu log i see willowisp does numerous checks for kitlist.2da and outputs messages if some kind of condition is not met (can be seen in file fl#add_kit_ee.tpa).

My best guess is this mod is the one you should look at, if i had to guess, is that this mod adds/modifies a class kit but the mod was coded to check numerous conditions to see if it is ok to modify the kitlist.2da and your game is failing that check.
    @elyon Ascension would be installed first based on suggested install order. So IR would overwrite the times from Ascension
    edited October 2019
    @Sarevok08 Neither overwrites the other in a code or time variable sense, rather they add (or stack with each other) additional global checks on the dialogue being allowed to trigger. Ascension globals almost always are later in the game then IR so the dialogue triggers after Ascension checks in practice.

E.g. the 2nd talk, IR adds a check if Gromnir dies, Ascension adds a check if yagashuras heart quest is finished.

Both installed, the 2nd talk can happen only if gromnir is dead and yagas heart quest is done.

Because the heart quest is after gromnir dies, in practice ascension overrules IR (or you can say whomever allows latest).
    Sarevok08
    Ah ok, gotcha. So it adds more conditions before it triggers, if they both modify the same section.
    elyon wrote: »
    @ThacoBell there is nothing in the imoen mod that touches kitlist.2da, however of the mods in your weidu log i see willowisp does numerous checks for kitlist.2da and outputs messages if some kind of condition is not met (can be seen in file fl#add_kit_ee.tpa).

My best guess is this mod is the one you should look at, if i had to guess, is that this mod adds/modifies a class kit but the mod was coded to check numerous conditions to see if it is ok to modify the kitlist.2da and your game is failing that check.

The thing is, Willowisp wokrs pefectly fine. Every mod in my list does... UNLESS Imoen Romance is installed. For some reason, the prescnece of IR breaks compatibility somewhere else. I did try an install with IR and without Willowisp, and still got the error. So the problem is some other combination.
    edited October 2019
    @ThacoBell you can try to see what mod makes the file kitlist.2da appear in override folder when installed which means the mod modifies it. The Wilson bear mod you have installed does that.
    @ThacoBell Use https://github.com/InfinityMods/WeiDU-FileChangelog at you full modded game in order to quickly get the list of all mods which modify kitlist.2da
    ThacoBell
    Hi, Sarevok08 and I have finished and published version 3.9.5 which you can get from
    http://www.blindmonkey.org/imoen/files/Imoen Romance.zip

We have decided for now to have an alternate link for MacOS users (because we dont want to mix mac/windows file artifacts together)
    http://www.blindmonkey.org/imoen/files/Imoen RomanceOSX.zip

There is request for some language translations which would require Traifying the entire mod, which would change general file structures things around but we want to do that in the next version and have this release for all bug fixes to date.
    megamike15
    according to changelog it seems a small bug i mentioned earlier was not fixed: if you choose to do anything other than the "right" choice at the morning after campfire scene other companions will keep sleeping. The sleep SPL says its duration is 300 (1 hour in game i guess?), while if no sex happens there the scene takes nearly no time. Or is it intended? The prank happening when everyone else is asleep could make some sense, though waiting for 5 mins is a bit long.
    edited October 2019
    AlignLaw.d line 175 and 173, the "(She laughs and pats your arm) Sure you will, sure you will." part is duplicated

and in 3.9.5 when asked about torture the variable used to determine if she had been in Suldanessellar is wrong again, which I believe was fixed in 3.9.4
    "ImoenSummoned" will also be set to 2 if she's in the team in the forest of stone heads to prevent the dialogue option "bring me Imoen the thief mage" from appearing, so using it to determine whether she's in the team at the start of TOB won't work.

edit: now I'm half way thru TOB it seems some already fixed bugs and typos are back again in 3.9.5. Got another "Baervar" just now. Looks like except for Bhaaltalks the TOB portion are based on a earlier version?
    Post edited by wuke on
    Cheers for the AlignLaw.

For ImoenSummoned, i had a look and using the IRT variable won't fix it because that variable is functionally equivalent to ImoenSummoned. Which a variable in vanilla to determine if you summoned Imoen via the fate head in TOB (a workaround to assume she wasnt with you in the end suldanessalar of SOA). I actually fixed another bug around that after having another look now.

Removing the second check for that variable so the line now looks like
    CHAIN IMOEN25A Summon1

Ive corrected Baervan, must have missed it when i merged with Sarevok08's fixes. the perils of diverging mods.
    edited October 2019
    I previously tested using IRTJustJoined and it worked, like i said before the difference is that ImoenSummoned is also set in AR4000.baf while IRTJustJoined isn't, so depending on whether Imoen was in the team at the beginning:
    ImoenSummoned: 2 vs 2
    IRTJustJoined: 0 vs 3

edit: got the pregnancy talk as a female, which was also previously fixed.
    Post edited by wuke on
    elyon