Skip to content

Please dont tell me is full of bugs

I like my games, you know, to be able to finish them.

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    edited October 2014
    I like when people don't act like devs put bugs in the games on purpose, or are somehow at fault for not instantly finding and fixing bugs.

Games have bugs. Fixing bugs creates more bugs. All a developer can hope to do is tweak things until the bugs are harmless or unnoticeable.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I can't say that I've played a game on the PC that didn't have a few glitches, and I've been playing PC games for a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

I have high hopes that this outing will be loads of fun and relatively (sans the bombardier beetles) bug free.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Of course there are bugs in it. There are a lot of beetles of different types and neat giant poisonous spiders.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Well (as i mentionned in my first post-DL impression), only first thing i can say is that for exemple, they have at least and at last fixed the bug with the Free Will spell/ring/potions etc ! .. from the start so)

A good surprise for me too that one... and god knows i had the nice dudes here like elminster&co that ever were saying that all was perfectly normal, all was all right and normal with the bugged versions in first EE versions, that was not a bug but a feature totally normal and 'enhanced', no discussions, etc, etc... lol :*D ..
    Now, we have AT LAST the right description back and behavior standardized for that one [well, in a way, logic too ; becomes more&more essential in the IWS universe with those often 2 spells mixed on items too^)
    "(ring) The wearer is immune to everything, magical and otherwise, that impedes mobility in any way, although he can still be hasted and receive beneficial movement effects as those granted by boots of speed" ). And same with the druid spell description at first glance. )

so, all is nice. Means Keldorn in BG2EE should be able soon (next 1.3 patch) to also get some speed potions/haste boosts as that was normal in the originals, for his old days, that's nice at last.. plus a few breaths without to have to modify files in the override folder, for those with a few high level items with FW on them too.... yes, flail+5 that was then plague compared to the +4, i think about you too.. ;*D

For the rest, i don't know yet but.. sounds/looks good and a very good first impression with a nice note for the attention to those kind of final little but essential game mechanisms (for rules coherence!). :)

for the rest, will see later.. but first impression good here, so... and in a total neutral way)
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310

We've upped the bar pretty hard this time around. The team on IWDEE did an amazing job and all the beta testers put in a great effort. This is our best release to date.
    -Trent

Well.. i'll tend to agree on that one, for once here!.. very good first impression, the 'betatesters/coders team' seem to have put real attention to the little details that time, even the GUI seems to have had a special treatment and attention to the details compared to the BG1EE and even BG2EE (textures, etc)... so far so good i'd say, here... and totally objctively.. nothing to sell as for me here.. just to play (if possible)............. :*/)

Sounds/looks promising we will say so.. good)
  • maizamaiza Member Posts: 5
    Then why dont they get the iwd team and put them to work on bgii?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I'm pretty sure that most of the focus will now be to the BG2 patch for beta testing :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Dorcus said:

So far I have found no bugs in the three hours I've been rolling up characters. I did, however, fail to pay attention to how fast I was clicking and rolled past a 96, but I think that's the game working as intended.

Feature request. Any roll over 85 gives you a pop up asking if you really want to reroll.
    Second feature request. Somewhere that allows you to raise the min the roll value higher than 75.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Dee said:

On my Archer.

That would probably be why.
    It seems to be easier to do with Archers

• AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Good to know things are looking more solid than with the other two EE releases. I'd check it out myself, but a friend and I are planning to start a multiplayer playthrough tomorrow and I don't want to spoil the fun for myself. So for now I'm playing vicariously through you guys. :D
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    The only bug I've encountered so far is that when any of the cutscenes play, I hear loud static play every few seconds. It wouldn't be a problem if I could skip every cutscene, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I could just hit a mouse button to skip the opening cutscene, but the cutscene that plays after leaving Easthaven was unskippable, so I just alt+tabbed out of the game while it finished.

Is anyone else getting this bug? I have a feeling it's due to my Creative Sounblaster X-Fi card. I remember I had to roll back my driver to get past the beginning cutscene in Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, so I wonder if the problem stems from drivers.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    The cutscenes are not skippable the first time you watch them. After that they will be skippable :)

Sed said:

The cutscenes are not skippable the first time you watch them. After that they will be skippable :)

Good to know, but the bug is still present. It's not a huge bug, especially since I've beaten the classic version of the game a couple of times, so I have no problem bypassing the cutscenes since I've already seen them all and there doesn't seem to be any new ones. It's still an annoying bug, though...I just hate it when something doesn't work as it should.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    @Swifty_Magee try reinstalling OpenAL as per these instructions:

https://beamdog.zendesk.com/entries/31177538-Troubleshooting-Reinstall-OpenAL

You likely need to use OpenAL_Soft.exe
    AlexT said:

@Swifty_Magee try reinstalling OpenAL as per these instructions:

https://beamdog.zendesk.com/entries/31177538-Troubleshooting-Reinstall-OpenAL

You likely need to use OpenAL_Soft.exe

I tried to reinstall OpenAL and that didn't fix the static noise in the cutscenes. I then downloaded the OpenAL_Soft.exe pointed to me in the link and followed the instructions (directed it to my Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition folder and let it install the OpenAL32.dll). This actually killed all sound in my game! Plus, when I tried to start the game by choosing the Icewind Dale option, instead of playing the Icewind Dale title cutscene like normal, the game just went black and crashed. Deleting the new OpenAL32.dll fixed THAT problem, but not the original one. So just a head's up: if anyone else is having my problem, you may not want to advise them to use OpenAL_Soft.exe...just made the issue a lot worse.

I think I'll just put up with the static and hope that a patch will fix it. Maybe later on I'll try to install the most recent Soundblaster audio drivers that was causing my Baldur's Gate II: EE problem, but...too much hassle to fix that small of a issue, especially if it may cause others.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited October 2014
    If you've encountered any bugs, please make sure to post them in the appropriate Bug Reports section of the forum. Posting them here just annoys the people in charge -_-" and may result in them getting overlooked.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @Swifty_Magee For most people the OpenAL Soft works without issue, and solves audio issues for most folks with a Creative X-Fi. Do you have on-board audio you could test with if you disable the X-Fi?
This discussion has been closed.