Skip to content

lvl 4/5 mage/thief, is the amount of spells i can memorise correct?

Zirus_BlackheartZirus_Blackheart Member Posts: 46
My chrs a multi-class lvl 4 mage and lvl 5 thief n my current memorisation amounts for spells are 1st 4, 2nd 3 and i cant memorise any spells for 3rd and 4th.

is this correct or something ive bugged?

Cheers :-)

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    It's normal. A Mage doesn't get access to level three spells until 5th level.
  • Zirus_BlackheartZirus_Blackheart Member Posts: 46
    ok great thx or your help man :-)

Simple info like this is surprisingly hard to find, such as, what thiefs gain at lvls like if the amount of times a thief can use cure minor wounds per day changes when they get to the higher lvls etc so yeah man, thx again :-)
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    Thieves can't cast cure minor wounds, CHARNAME just gets it as a special ability (if you're playing as a good person). The amount of times you can use it per day depends how far through the game you are.

As for everything else, such as exp/spell tables etc, www.playithardcore.com is a good place to go.
  • Zirus_BlackheartZirus_Blackheart Member Posts: 46
    yeah its a shadowdancer skill but knowing if/when it gains is tough to find :-/
    yeah and thats the site i use yeah :-)
  • kabkab Member Posts: 75
    The original manual had tables for virtually everything. These days you need to go to some place like playithardcore.com where the tables are still available.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I find this page useful when planning casters.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_progression_tables
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    kab said:

The original manual had tables for virtually everything.

So do the ones that come with this game.

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

yeah its a shadowdancer skill but knowing if/when it gains is tough to find :-/
    yeah and thats the site i use yeah :-)

Cure minor wounds is not a thief or shadowdancer skill. Cure Light Wounds is a special ability that is granted to the main character at the end of the first two chapters if you have 11+ reputation and is gained after resting (usually at an inn).
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    To elaborate on what Wowo said, there are a series of spell-like abilities that at granted to the CHARNAME, only, as part of the story of this game.

Those are not part of the general rules or standard character development in DnD/ BG / IE rules; they are scenario specific to this story, as if written in by a human dungeonmaster.

Most of these special abilities, which may vary depending upon character reputation at the time of award, are essentially identical to certain useful, fairly low-level, standard spells. Some of them do tend to execute slightly faster than the spell version.

You'll know when your CHARNAME is gaining a new ability. During a Rest, there will be a cut-scene of a confusing prophetic dream. Check out your main character's Special Abilities button/screen after each of these and you will see that you have gained an ability, or another daily use of an existing ability.