Skip to content

[HoF Mode]Party setup...

124»

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wowo: I entered a new area with HoF mode on to check the Myconid, then quit the game, edited the .ini file to disable "Nightmare mode" (it doesn't say "Heart of Fury mode" in the .ini file), then reloaded, entered the same area, and used CTRL-Q on the Myconid again. So the game would have reloaded the monster in between my turning off HoF mode.
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Woohoo! I beat the ogres in the cave! Only had to rest like twice (just for the ogres, nevermind the other monsters).

I agro'ed the pack, and killed a few orcs. When the ogres showed up, I ran outside. The ogres appeared outside, so I ran back to the village to do what anyone being chased by ogres would do - sleep. After a good nap and a think, the party went back and killed the ogres through a combination of luck and chromatic orb.

Once they were done, I just had to mop up some orcs inside the cave.

Now I've killed a few goblins in Kuldahar pass, which is much easier thanks to Animate Dead.

My party is:
    Elven Sorcerer
    Human Kensai (Plan to dual to mage at 13)
    Human Kensai (Plan to dual to druid at 13)
    Half-orc Fighter/Cleric
    Dwarf Fighter/Cleric
    Human Swashbuckler (have the stats to dual to either mage or fighter, thinking mage actually. Not sure)

Currently have 34000 experience per character.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Woohoo! I beat the ogres in the cave! Only had to rest like twice (just for the ogres, nevermind the other monsters).

I agro'ed the pack, and killed a few orcs. When the ogres showed up, I ran outside. The ogres appeared outside, so I ran back to the village to do what anyone being chased by ogres would do - sleep. After a good nap and a think, the party went back and killed the ogres through a combination of luck and chromatic orb.

Once they were done, I just had to mop up some orcs inside the cave.

Now I've killed a few goblins in Kuldahar pass, which is much easier thanks to Animate Dead.

My party is:
    Elven Sorcerer
    Human Kensai (Plan to dual to mage at 13)
    Human Kensai (Plan to dual to druid at 13)
    Half-orc Fighter/Cleric
    Dwarf Fighter/Cleric
    Human Swashbuckler (have the stats to dual to either mage or fighter, thinking mage actually. Not sure)

Currently have 34000 experience per character.

I'd recommend doing your duals at level 9.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Level 10 for the Swashbuckler.
    Thanks, after having a look at the experience tables, level 13 is a bit ambitious! Level 9 it is.

I always planned to dual the Swashbuckler at level 10 because they get benefits every 5 levels. I have open locks maxed out already, I want to max out find traps and pickpocket before I dual him. Everything else will go into sneaking.
    When do you guys normally do HoW and ToTL?

I got to 260 000 XP per character in the first level of Dragon's Eye. I heard some posters recommended doing HoW as early as possible, because the experience gains are humongous. So, I made a backup save, went to Lonelywood, collected enough experience to complete my Kensai's dualling, and then went to Burial Isle. It's very difficult, but I think I'd be able to pull it off, although it would take a while.

My question is, should I rather reload my earlier save before HoW and continue with Dragon's Eye? Reason being, if I can actually manage to beat HoW and ToTL, Dragon's Eye (and probably the Severed Hand too) will be trivially easy and I won't gain much experience. I mean, not relative to where my characters will be at the time.

That being said, if I carry on with Dragon's Eye, I'll have three characters who will be in the middle of the dual classing process, so they will be pretty weak.